2022 Yankees

farm club options -
the internal options. It’s basically just Estevan Florial at the moment, and I don’t think the team would be willing to shake things up to bring up the 24-year-old any time soon. Aside from some random stints of joining the big-league team for doubleheaders, Florial lacks experience against upper-level competition — he made his first appearance in Double-A at the start of last year, got hot and got promoted to Triple-A where he stalled out for a while.

Florial started this year back at Triple-A and has gotten decent results, but given how long its taken him to get to the top half of the minors it stands to reason that the team wants to give him some time to prove that he’d be ready for a callup. It wouldn’t do to shake up the locker room by benching Hicks just for a lateral move if Florial isn’t ready, and I think the only argument you could make at the moment for it is for better defense which the Yankees aren’t as desperate for as they were last year.

farm club options -
the internal options. It’s basically just Estevan Florial at the moment, and I don’t think the team would be willing to shake things up to bring up the 24-year-old any time soon. Aside from some random stints of joining the big-league team for doubleheaders, Florial lacks experience against upper-level competition — he made his first appearance in Double-A at the start of last year, got hot and got promoted to Triple-A where he stalled out for a while.

Florial started this year back at Triple-A and has gotten decent results, but given how long its taken him to get to the top half of the minors it stands to reason that the team wants to give him some time to prove that he’d be ready for a callup. It wouldn’t do to shake up the locker room by benching Hicks just for a lateral move if Florial isn’t ready, and I think the only argument you could make at the moment for it is for better defense which the Yankees aren’t as desperate for as they were last year.
Still, I do see him as a better option than both Gallo and Hicks. He certainly can't do worse.

game 39. from laugher to pugilistic punch less to nail biter to win.
#99 and stanton neck and neck for al mvp.
dj still in the running.
one pitch ruined nastys day.
holmes for fireman of the year.
hicks exactly on the mendoza * run, single, walk, no glove.

game 39. from laugher to pugilistic punch less to nail biter to win.
#99 and stanton neck and neck for al mvp.
dj still in the running.
one pitch ruined nastys day.
holmes for fireman of the year.
hicks exactly on the mendoza * run, single, walk, no glove.
Cortes did not have it from the start. King struggled. Right now Holmes is lights out. Hope this doesn't jinx him. BTW, Red Sux are heating up. Big grand slam by DJ.

game 40.
where are the yankee sticks? scored one run.
chisox started 4 guys under the mendoza and only one batting above 233.
the ugly bottom of 7th - 2 on, no one out. marwin strikes out on pitch, high and outside,
hicks gets picked off second - bonehead play of year, trevino looks at strike 3 - right down the middle.
glorious bottom of 8th - #99, ultra mega getty goner for the tie.
ugly top of 9th. chapman gets rocked for the looooooooooooooooooooooooss.

game 42. at the quarter season turn.
its official the yanks are in a recession.
despite the uber mega hot al mvp, $99, yanks other sticks are dormant.
marvin - we thought you would be the savior - is under mendoza line.
florio - the other savior - has not even left the gate.
boone uber juggled the lineup, but ...

The Orioles are not as pitiful as expected. I thought they'd win 50 games this year. Still Gerrit was getting the ball up and just got smacked around in the third.

The Orioles are not as pitiful as expected. I thought they'd win 50 games this year. Still Gerrit was getting the ball up and just got smacked around in the third.
game 42. at the quarter season turn.
its official the yanks are in a recession.
despite the uber mega hot al mvp, $99, yanks other sticks are dormant.
marvin - we thought you would be the savior - is under mendoza line.
florio - the other savior - has not even left the gate.
boone uber juggled the lineup, but ...
When the going gets rough, you need your ace to be automatic. Cole has not been in many key games since becoming a Yankee. Need to right the ship tonight, or this could become a tough 10 game grind.

I was at the game last night. Cole did get rocked that one inning. Judge blasting those homers was exciting. But the best part were my seats. One good thing from my sports investing habit. Betmgm likes me sooooo much they offered me tix in their suite. Lol

game 43.
instant classic. another come from behind mar win.
boone will have hands full managing an injury filled pen.
sad to see my favorite yankee, chad and jeremy, out for the season.

game 43.
instant classic. another come from behind mar win.
boone will have hands full managing an injury filled pen.
sad to see my favorite yankee, chad and jeremy, out for the season.

Nice comeback win. Everyone but Holmes scuffling in the bullpen. Was wondering where Schmidt has been. Guess he'll be a bigger part of the bullpen going forward. Let's see if a Yankees no-name starter can shine tomorrow. Injuries really piling up. Unfortunately, Red Sux are red hot.

Nice comeback win. Everyone but Holmes scuffling in the bullpen. Was wondering where Schmidt has been. Guess he'll be a bigger part of the bullpen going forward. Let's see if a Yankees no-name starter can shine tomorrow. Injuries really piling up. Unfortunately, Red Sux are red hot.
Schmidt after getting sent down had to stay for three weeks and they have since began to stretch him out as a starter.

Hope it is a minor thing for Stanton. MRI on DJ was negative, let’s hope the same for Giancarlo.

Jonathan Loáisiga​

I’ve heard April showers bring May flowers but May is bringing the Yankess injury on top of injury.

Jonathan Loáisiga​

I’ve heard April showers bring May flowers but May is bringing the Yankess injury on top of injury.

The other shoe just dropped. Stanton also goes on the 10 day IL with a calf strain. Gallo reactivated from the COVID list.

Nice win by a depleted team. Going to need some guys to step up the next month. Hicks reminds me of Torres at SS last year. You can't hide him in the field. He really is lost both at the plate and in the field.

Back