2022 Yankees

game 49. another great outing by a yankee starter. rare power display by yank sticks.
trout might have had the trots. played 3 hit balls poorly and was zero for 4 at bat.
stache II had a getty and showed once more that mlbers cant bunt any more.
keep playing torres and andujar.
joey had his obligatory k, but also 2 runs, 2 hits, and a w.
For Montgomery, the strangest part of the night must have been the scoreboard, as the Yankees scored more than three runs for him for just the second time in 10 starts this season. Montgomery finished the night allowing one run on four hits and one walk over seven innings, striking out four.

Isn’t it about time to name Trevino the starting catcher and relegate Higgy to twice a week?
This season, Trevino has taken his game to another level, hitting .263 with a 30.9% on-base rate. Trevino is one of the league’s best defensive catchers, but he’s carried his weight on offense as well. He’s hitting .250 with two homers and eight RBIs in the month of May, striking out just nine times over 48 at-bats.

game 50. this game belongs to the staches.
stache #1 turned in another uncredible starter performance. top cy candidate
stache #2 had a getty to begin the game. 1 of 4 yank gettys.
trout held in check again with 3 gallos. kkk.
ohtani will be happy to never pitch again in the bronx.
trevino is officially c1.
torres and andujar will be tough to sit on the bench when all return.
stop the e-presses. neither hicks nor gallo ked.

If you ask me, the hype about Cortes is wonderful, but I need to see snother 10 starts to anoint him as all that.

game 51. it was the most emotional, up and down , 2 to 1 win in the history of the 3rd and final yankee stadium.
21 times bravo to tally. another great yankee starter outing.
hicks and gallo both ked in their first at bats. gallo ked on a neck high pitch.
gallo fanned with bases loaded in the 8th. uber him to scranton. bravo rizzo.

game 51. it was the most emotional, up and down , 2 to 1 win in the history of the 3rd and final yankee stadium.
21 times bravo to tally. another great yankee starter outing.
hicks and gallo both ked in their first at bats. gallo ked on a neck high pitch.
gallo fanned with bases loaded in the 8th. uber him to scranton. bravo rizzo.
Andujar again in middle of rally , Rizzo with a clutch hit. Had to shorten his swing to catch up to a rising fastball and just poked it up the middle. THAT is situational hitting which was seriously lacking last year and beyond . Holmes with some 9th inning Save drama but you knew he would get out of it if he just got past Otani and Trout. Well he walked Otani and hit Trout! That’s one way to get past them haha.That sinker is unhittable and usually he has pinpoint control but he seemed to be overthrowing.

This team hates to lose. Many past teams used the “it’s a long season” excuse, but this team seems to be playing with The Boss’s mindset of let’s win them all.

game 52. the fat lady is singing. its a sail boat race. lets fast forward to october.
another great starting pitcher job. will yanks win, place, show for the cy?
just when i pontificate about stache II and mlbers not being able to bunt,
stache II gets a bunt knocker.
the toothless tigers had 5 starters under the mendoza.
getty in the am, getty in the pm, gettys all the time.

Taillon 6-1. 2.30 era
Cortes 5-1 1.50 era
Cole 5-1. 2.78 era
Holmes. . .35 era
Monty. 1-1. 3.04 era
Sevy. 3-1 3.38 era

Starters have only lost a total of 5 games through first 1/3 of season!! Remarkable

Joey Gallo strikes out 43% of his at bats, the highest percentage of all major leaguers that qualify as starting players with 3.1 PA per team games played!

The unbelievable starting pitching continued again today with Severino. Wow. I still worry about the hitting on this team. Especially being shut down in a short series.
So do I but they say pitching wins in playoffs and World Series so we got what it takes!!

Back