2022 Yankees

Didn't exactly know where to put this but Angel Hernandez anyone.

Looking at it you can tell he was not paying any attention whatsoever to the runner after the collision, only looking at the pitcher who retrieved the ball.

Last edited:
Didn't exactly know where to put this but Angel Hernandez anyone.

Looking at it you can tell he was not paying any attention whatsoever to the runner after the collision, only looking at the pitcher who retrieved the ball.

In fairness it does look like the ump is watching where the ball went and not whether the runner touched home plate. Bad job either way.

Here's Angel Hernandez moonlighting in college ball...

Can't win them all, but Yankees defense the last 2 nights leave a lot to be desired. Stanton looked like he was stuck in mud. Give the Twins credit. They have figured out the Yankees dominant starting pitching in this series. Time for Cole to be a stopper tomorrow.

game 57. wow. instant classic.
one of the greatest comebacks in the long and storied history of the 27 time world champion new york yankees.
hicks and gallo peaking from outside of the dog house.

Boy, did Cole stink up the joint. Great job by the bullpen, and the bats. Happy for Gallo's 2 dingers, but back to his old ways the last 3 times up with 3 Ks. All of a sudden there's a bit of a struggle for the starters.

Boy, did Cole stink up the joint. Great job by the bullpen, and the bats. Happy for Gallo's 2 dingers, but back to his old ways the last 3 times up with 3 Ks. All of a sudden there's a bit of a struggle for the starters.
Baseball season is usually a series of runs, hot and cold = Averages. It happens to the best. Not many who are good always. They are usually first ballot hall of famers!

Even prior to last night Hicks had a higher batting average than Rizzo.

Talk about a statistical anomaly

Knew it about Cole. Twinkies O is good. Too bad they can't pitch too well. So inconsistent.

Shocked that Gallo actually hit a 2 run homer. Still in the running for more HR than RBI.

8 HR 13 Ribbies...

Game#59 Judgie leads off the Cubs-Yanks game with a solo HR #23, on pace to break the 1961 record of 61 set by Roger of the M&M boys , The Mick hit 54 that year. Mantle was leading Maris until a mid season injury sidelined him and kept him from reaching the 60 mark as well. That was Mantles career high,he also hit 52 in 1956, his Triple Crown year, when he drove in 130 runs with a .353 average.

Game#59 Judgie leads off the Cubs-Yanks game with a solo HR #23, on pace to break the 1961 record of 61 set by Roger of the M&M boys , The Mick hit 54 that year. Mantle was leading Maris until a mid season injury sidelined him and kept him from reaching the 60 mark as well. That was Mantles career high,he also hit 52 in 1956, his Triple Crown year, when he drove in 130 runs with a .353 average.
Maris reached the Right Field porch consistently , when it was only 296 feet from home plate

#9 in 1961. 31 gettys away. 30 ballantines at home.
#7's major injury happened with 2 weeks to go in season.
#9 had to overcome death threats to himself and his family.
#7 and #9 were roommates in a queens apartment.
i made my pilgrimage to the #9 museum in north dakota.
#9 had 52 more plate appearances than #7 in 1961.

Last edited:
#9 in 1961. 31 gettys away. 30 ballantines at home.
#7's major injury happened with 2 weeks to go in season.
#9 had to overcome death threats to himself and his family.
#7 and #9 were roommates in a queens apartment.
i made my pilgrimage to the #9 museum in north dakota.
#9 had 52 more plate appearances than #7 in 1961.
Wow! Impressive. Kudos to your accuracy as I looked up
Mantles injury date to be sure my memory didn’t fail me. September 15 when Maris had 56 and Mantle had 53.

Back