2022 Yankees

Cheater, didn't want him.  I hate the Astros and now I have to root for this disingenuous phony.  

Redmen fans get their wish and Gary is gone. Unfortunately it takes sending fan fav Gio Urshela too. Off to Minnesota for a gold glove SS who was in MN for 36 hours and former MVP who called Gerritt Cole a cheater last year. The locker room should be fun. And a 24 yr old catcher with no bat. 

Many feel there is another move coming. Athletic writer hinting at blockbuster with Oakland around Olson Maneaa and catcher Sean Murphy 

Last edited:
Not happy to lose Gio and no thanks on Donaldson (even though Cole was cheating).

Good riddance Gary.

It is not just many Yankee fans who are happy to see Gary gone. The pitching staff is probably elated. While Cole said nice things about Gary, he sure did not want to pitch to him!

Donaldson is 36 years old with how much left in the tank?  This is reminiscent of the Dark Days when The Boss was constructing a roster using tea leaves.  Remember Collins, Kemp, etc.?

Last edited:
Braves getting Olson from the A's which means Freeman is probably headed to the Dodgers.

Which means Yankees get neither.

Really wanted Olson.

fordham96 post=464181 said:
Braves getting Olson from the A's which means Freeman is probably headed to the Dodgers.

Which means Yankees get neither.

Really wanted Olson.

I wanted Olson but Braves gave up their 1, 2, 6 and 14th prospect.

That's a lot and pretty sure I wouldnt be giving up that same package for the Yankees.

Unless we sign Freeman, we will probably resign Rizzo. No matter who plays first he is likely to be a vast improvement over Voit defensively.

I don’t see the Yanks in the postseason this year.  They have not improved enough.

Moose post=464514 said:
Not a fan of Rizzo at this point in his career.  Last 2 years have been average at best.  Sure he plays great defense but my only hope is its a blip and he rebounds to his form before 2020.  Would have rather gone after Votto and Castillo in a trade.
Correct. And stats prove what you are saying about Rizzo.

Edit - I messed up his stats.  His WAR last year was 1.7.  The shortened year before that, it was 0.8.  Still a lot to pay for someone is per year, per WAR.

Last edited:
SJ_NYC post=464519 said:
Moose post=464514 said:
Not a fan of Rizzo at this point in his career.  Last 2 years have been average at best.  Sure he plays great defense but my only hope is its a blip and he rebounds to his form before 2020.  Would have rather gone after Votto and Castillo in a trade.
Correct. And stats prove what you are saying about Rizzo.

Edit - I messed up his stats.  His WAR last year was 1.7.  The shortened year before that, it was 0.8.  Still a lot to pay for someone is per year, per WAR.
Think he has more value to us, than his numbers say.  

Great defensive first baseman.  Lefty power bat (he does have power) that brings needed balance to this right-heavy lineup, and makes contact at a good rate (though he's not going to beat out many ground balls).

Plus, we really took off last year when he moved into the number 2 spot in the batting order, and pushed Judge down to 3, which gave the latter more RBI opportunities.

I have no problem with this move whatsoever.

Last edited:
NYC employee mandate is being lifted for entertainers and athletes:

Shams Charania

Sources: Brooklyn Nets star Kyrie Irving will be cleared for home games as New York City will on Thursday change private sector vaccine mandate to allow exemption for athletes and entertainers in workplace. Unvaccinated Yankees and Mets players also now eligible for home games.

Boston:
Hernandez CF
Devers 3B
Bogaerts SS
Martinez DH
Verdugo LF
Story 2B
Dalbec 1B
Bradley Jr. RF
Vazquez C

YANKEES:
Donaldson 3B
Judge RF
Rizzo 1B
Stanton DH
LeMahieu 2B
Gallo LF
Hicks CF
Higashioka C
Kiner-Falefa SS

DJ is 10 for 25 career vs Eovaldi. That's why he's getting the start over Torres.

Last edited:
Back