2022 Yankees

game 59. another look.
a great rivalry. monte. monte. monte. monte. monte. monte. monte. 7 scoreless frames.
getty. getty. getty. getty. getty. getty. 6 ballantine blasts.

#9 in 1961. 31 gettys away. 30 ballantines at home.
#7's major injury happened with 2 weeks to go in season.
#9 had to overcome death threats to himself and his family.
#7 and #9 were roommates in a queens apartment.
i made my pilgrimage to the #9 museum in north dakota.
#9 had 52 more plate appearances than #7 in 1961.
My favorite Yankees player of that era, Roger Maris. 9 has always been my favorite number.

SJU's own Frank Schwindel, who usually plays 1B, has come on to pitch the bottom of the 8th for the Cubs, with Yankees on top 17-4.

As I type this, He gave up a HR to Higgy, and a single to Judge, but nothing else.

The Yankees need to find more playing time for Carpenter. With 6 HRs in 10 games he's earned it. He also looked good at third base today!

Last edited:
game 60. if you had the cubbies and 13, you lost.
the sail boat race continues.
with so-if-i-was-a, higgy, and gallo waking up, the run for the al playoffs is over. yanks are in.
the cubbies are basically dead middle in the mlb with runs, bavg, slg.
yet the yanks pitching held them to 5 runs in 3 games with 4 extra innings. wow.

Fair. I just don't think Carpenter can play 3B like Donaldson
Carpenter needs to play. Boone just has to get creative with days off as he often does.
Boone gives Gonzalez playing time and makes sure that Rizzo, DJ, Donaldson get days off. As well as outfielders too! Catcher has been equal split too although I expect Trevino to get more because of his clutch hitting.Carpenter will see more time but I expect no more Andujar, seems like they gave up on him even though he is hitting almost .300 at Scranton

Boone gives Gonzalez playing time and makes sure that Rizzo, DJ, Donaldson get days off. As well as outfielders too! Catcher has been equal split too although I expect Trevino to get more because of his clutch hitting.Carpenter will see more time but I expect no more Andujar, seems like they gave up on him even though he is hitting almost .300 at Scranton

Yankee position players have remained mostly healthy. Only move I can see is Marwin could get squeezed if Yankees want to call up Locastro now that he's healthy again. He can steal bases and play better OF than Marwin. Then Carpenter becomes the Marwin on the INF where he can play 1B, 2B or 3B but no SS

Yankee position players have remained mostly healthy. Only move I can see is Marwin could get squeezed if Yankees want to call up Locastro now that he's healthy again. He can steal bases and play better OF than Marwin. Then Carpenter becomes the Marwin on the INF where he can play 1B, 2B or 3B but no S
Yankee position players have remained mostly healthy. Only move I can see is Marwin could get squeezed if Yankees want to call up Locastro now that he's healthy again. He can steal bases and play better OF than Marwin. Then Carpenter becomes the Marwin on the INF where he can play 1B, 2B or 3B but no SSIf MLB actual stops extend the period you can have more than 13 pitchers on your 26 man roster, then a pitcher gets sent down and one of either one
If MLB actual stops extend the period you can have more than 13 pitchers on your 26 man roster, then a pitcher gets sent down and one of either Andujar or Locastro came comeback but right now they are stuck behind a numbers game.
Marwin stays because he hits from both sides and can play multiple positions including shortstop.

Tampa Bay:
Diaz 3B
Ramirez DH
Margot RF
Choi 1B
Arozarena LF
Kiermaier CF
Paredes 2B
Mejia C
Walls SS

YANKEES:
LeMahieu 3B
Judge CF
Rizzo 1B
Stanton RF
Torres 2B
Carpenter DH
Kiner-Falefa SS
Trevino C
Gallo LF

My nephew is Mickey my niece is Maris. You can guess the origins.
I had a dog born in 1996 my daughters named Jeter. Black Lab lived for 16 years. Always diving into stuff haha! Now have a Yellow Lab that actually throws a ball to me from her mouth! She can’t do the jump throw though.

I had a dog born in 1996 my daughters named Jeter. Black Lab lived for 16 years. Always diving into stuff haha! Now have a Yellow Lab that actually throws a ball to me from her mouth! She can’t do the jump throw though.
Nice win tonight 2-0 with some good pitching. Jays lose too which also helps. PS - the Red Schmucks are 8-2 in their last 10 and are now 13 games back in the lost column. It's almost heaven.

Back