2022 Yankees

Nice win by a depleted team. Going to need some guys to step up the next month. Hicks reminds me of Torres at SS last year. You can't hide him in the field. He really is lost both at the plate and in the field.
That route he took for the shallow fly ball in the 9th was a circuitous route, something he has been doing all year. Who would have thought that Andujar looked better in the outfield than Hicks.

game 44. wow. a rookie starter does the job.
boone guides the walking wounded pitching staff.
can andujar be the permanent outfielder?
the yankee sticks are problematic.

I hope Banuelos gets a shot. Yanks once had the "Killer Bs" in their farm system, Manuel Banuelos, Dellin Betances and Andrew Brackman, all highly ranked pitching prospects who throw major gas. Due to injuries and ineffectiveness only Betances had more than a cup of coffee in the pros so far and Brackman is probably out of baseball at least as a player. Dellin was great for several years before the injury bug caught up to him too.

Last edited:
game 45. nasty draws first blood with 8 great scoreless innings.
much of yanks offense was walks, wild pitches, errors, sacs.
if i was a carpenter. matt fits in well with yanks offense. w, hbp, 2 runs scored.
carpenters signing saves cashmans job through may.
$99 solidifying al mvp with a run and 2 rbis.

How long can they continue with Gallo. He's hitting 165 with 5 HR and 7!!!!! Ribbies. 7. He needs a new home.

How long can they continue with Gallo. He's hitting 165 with 5 HR and 7!!!!! Ribbies. 7. He needs a new home.
He is not exactly playing gold glove outfield either. It would not be hard to find an outfielder who strikes out 2-4 times a game to replace Gallo.

game 46. tally with 8 great scoreless innings. yanks with house money now.
holmes - fireman of year.
keep andujar in the outfield when everyone gets healthy.
if i was a - another gallo? feast or famine.
he finally hits a fair ball and its a getty. cashmans job safe through flag day.
gallo made a real nice catch in rf. he still should be batting 10th.

game 46. tally with 8 great scoreless innings. yanks with house money now.
holmes - fireman of year.
keep andujar in the outfield when everyone gets healthy.
if i was a - another gallo? feast or famine.
he finally hits a fair ball and its a getty. cashmans job safe through flag day.
gallo made a real nice catch in rf. he still should be batting 10th.
Make Holmes the new closer?
Want Andujar in the lineup everyday for weeks to give him his chance!

Annoying loss tonight. Another loss with Cole pitching. Not good. Not a real clean game defensively. Still, if you don't hit, you don't win. Hicks continues to be a big zero. Go get the series win tomorrow.

game 47. tough road loss to a contender. merely 5 total bases.
cole had 6 fine innings. done in by 2 walks and a single.
the go ahead run came about because torres could not come up with a seeing eye single.
torres then could not come up with a pop double on the right field foul line.
both plays would have been nice but....

game 48. ugly punch less loss.
scoreless yankee innings
1st & 3rd, 1st & 3rd again. 1st & 2nd. man on 3rd.
rays offense - 2 hits for the game. both homers. for 2 runs.
rays offense part 2 - w, w, w, w. hbp - 2 runs.
odds of hicks striking out in a game -200
odds of gallo striking out in a game -200
odds of neither striking out in a game -1000

game 48. ugly punch less loss.
scoreless yankee innings
1st & 3rd, 1st & 3rd again. 1st & 2nd. man on 3rd.
rays offense - 2 hits for the game. both homers. for 2 runs.
rays offense part 2 - w, w, w, w. hbp - 2 runs.
odds of hicks striking out in a game -200
odds of gallo striking out in a game -200
odds of neither striking out in a game -1000
You're absolutely right. An ugly loss. But, heck, the 0'fers did their part by going 0 for 8. Automatic outs. This needs to be addressed. The Yanks cannot continue this way with these 2 being automatic. 0 for 9 with RISP. Ugh.

Picked a good night to go to my first game of the year joined by 3/4 of my immediate family. Gallo and Judge set the tone defensively in the first and they jumped all over Thor wafted the first out and tacked on some more. Good defense, aggressive base running, timely hitting (especially the first inning) for the most part and Montgomery who might not have had his best stuff overall but it was more than good enough. He was probably shocked with all the run support he received.

Back