2022 Yankees

game 114. a rare, since june 19th, one run win.
bravo ikf for no longer being a 2022 getty virgin.
yanks running is still in the turlet,
but for this game the sox running also sucked.
chappy is back..

IKF and Benintendi and the new reliever all clutch, even Chappy was good. Was scary bottom of 9th with no reliable closer but Effross came through!

What an absolutely brutal watch the Yanks have become. Lucky to win a game this weekend vs. the Red Sux, shut down by a bad pitching staff. Jays have to be kicking themselves for their inability to make up ground against this slumping mess. But have no fear, Boone has all the answers. Not.

31-27 road record is quite a contrast to NYY home performance, 41-15
A lot of that was this road trip, though. 29-20 prior to that, which wasn't the home performance, but was still pretty good.

Frankly, they're only 7-6 at home since July 1st, so they've fallen off there a bit, too (although only 13 home games in 44 days means a lot of time on the road, which I do think has added to these struggles).

I didn't see one pitch of any of the games this weekend even though I was in town, had other events (a friend's retirement party Friday night, Earth Wind and Fire and Santana concert Saturday Night and a much longer than expected and real late ending get together with family and friends on the East End of Long Island Sunday (didn't get home until 1AM Monday and it wasn't because of traffic) which saved me a lot of grief and agita watching the futility that basically was this weekend. Who would have thought I saw more St. John's basketball on an August weekend than Yankees/Red Sox?

Hopefully sleeping in their own beds and more comfortable and familiar surroundings will cure some of what ails them this week.

This should be a win tonight. Rays playing terrible after the break as well. Yankees score 4 or more you can say....
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WINNNNNNNNNNN!

This should be a win tonight. Rays playing terrible after the break as well. Yankees score 4 or more you can say....
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WINNNNNNNNNNN!

Don’t “put it in the books”!

game 116.
rays awarded the game ball to hicks. hicks turned a fly ball out into a triple. runner scored.
with bases loaded and one out, hicks hits into infield dp.
then there is the 9th inning fiasco. 2 outs. 3 walks. 2 singles. 3 runs.

I've said before and I'll say it again.

Hicks is a bum. End of Story
At least with two or more runners on and less than two outs, Gallo would strike out. When Hicks comes up in such a situation, I am hoping he doesn't put the ball in play because if he does, its a DP. Its only when he is in that situation with two outs, does he not put the ball in play and strikes out.

Call up Esteban and let him play CF against right handers and Lemarre against the lefties while Andujar DH's until DJ is back. Or put Gonzalez in right and Judge in CF.

Shake up the lineup, do something guys. Just like winning is contagious, so is losing.

Back