2022 Yankees

As I have constantly said.
2:19 am Thaaaaa Yankeeees Looooose! Good thing we didn’t get Castillo because why would you want a starting pitcher who could be a great help when you can let him go to a contender and he can completely shut you down twice in about a week. PS Good Night
And of course the winning hit is by a former farmhand.

By looking at the box score (I saw the first inning before packing it in), the pitching side of the team for the most part showed up, too bad the hitting side of the team did not!

Mistakes on the bases cost the Yankees multiple chances in extra innings. Andrew Benintendi was picked off trying to advance to third with no outs in the 10th. Aaron Hicks lined into a double play leading off the 11th as Miguel Andújar drifted too far from second.

In the 12th, Brash made a spectacular, blind, behind-the-back grab of Isiah Kiner-Falefa’s grounder and caught Jose Trevino in a rundown between second and third. Kiner-Falefa was thrown out trying to advance to second on the play.

“I don’t want to lose our aggression on the bases. We’ve been really successful stealing at a good clip,” Boone said. “But we've got to be a little smarter and we’ve had a couple here in the last couple of weeks that have kind of hurt us.”

When you are going bad, bad things happen. But losing stupidly is really ridiculous. I have not seen any improvement in baserunning by this team over past ones. Last night was absolutely ludicrous. How the hell can an MLB team make so many mistakes on the bases? It has nothing to do with being aggressive. It has everything to do with their baserunning IQ, which this team lacks, and has for years. That combined with station to station baserunning is a killer. Another loss with Cole on the mound. And I'd love to know what held up Castillo not being a Yankee. If it's some prospect, that is really dumb. He would have been great at the top of the rotation. Instead we have Montaz. Once again, the Yanks were bailed out by the Jays and Rays losing.

Not to mention the Yanks fell a game behind the Mets in the all important NY Baseball ⚾️ standings. 😳

Looks like I’m the only one staying up watching this frustrating game. Yankees have been spotted a runner on second with no outs for the last 4 innings and can’t score a run. Multiple times bases loaded less than two outs and hitters swinging at balls out of strike zone ahead of the count. I’d like to go to sleep but I’ll hang in there at 2:13 am.
I used to stay up and watch, but after tough losses I have trouble getting to sleep. So now on late games I just watch the pregame, go to sleep and watch the game in the morning before I check my phone, etc. Next year it will be worse, because all teams are playing every other team. Some more trips out west.

So for all their struggles since the deadline, they are tied for best record in AL?

I guess that's baseball Suzyn.

Abreu on this team instead of Schmidt and Marinaccio? Cashman and Boone out of touch. How many times is Abreu allowed to come in and give up runs? 4 times in a row now. Why not leave Cortes in? 93 pitches. Basically 1 good inning in the last 22. Absolutely atrocious. Very short postseason for this team. Really hard to watch. Wasted 2 good outings the last 2 days. Red Sux awaiting German, Montas and Taillon.

Boones favorite answer after a disasterous game -

"Well overall it evens out" Yeah thats what I say when I lose on the ponies.

Trust me. It doesnt

As bad as the bullpen has been (what's up with the lack of command by Holmes?), the bigger issue continues to be the lack of hitting with RISP. Multiple failures in the first 4 innings, and again later on. 1 for 10. Bats went to sleep early tonight. 31 recent innings of absolutely no offensive production, including tonight against a horrible pitching staff. This team is going nowhere. Once again they were bailed out by Rays and Jays losses, or this Division would be tight. Boone is fine with a winning team. But when his teams struggle, he has no answers. Pitiful.

game 113. another horrible one run loss.
holmes went from fireman of the year to forgetaboutit.
chappy was spot on. on the rare pitches that he missed, they were low.
none of the high and outside crap.
in 5 innings yanks had 2 runners on at the same time. none of the 10 scored.

As bad as the bullpen has been (what's up with the lack of command by Holmes?), the bigger issue continues to be the lack of hitting with RISP. Multiple failures in the first 4 innings, and again later on. 1 for 10. Bats went to sleep early tonight. 31 recent innings of absolutely no offensive production, including tonight against a horrible pitching staff. This team is going nowhere. Once again they were bailed out by Rays and Jays losses, or this Division would be tight. Boone is fine with a winning team. But when his teams struggle, he has no answers. Pitiful.

Yanks exposed as soon as pitching , both starting and relief , started to fail. Moving runners has always been a problem on a team too dependent on the home run. Early on they ran and put pressure opposing defense but no more. Judge only consistent offensive force, DJ second. But they can’t do it without help, it’s a team game! Baserunning atrocious. Benitendi not a factor. I guess we miss Mr Kkkk, Joey Gallo , haha.

game 114. a rare, since june 19th, one run win.
bravo ikf for no longer being a 2022 getty virgin.
yanks running is still in the turlet,
but for this game the sox running also sucked.
chappy is back..

I can’t remember the last time the Yanks squeezed a run across. I’m liking IKF.

Back