2022 Yankees

So if Montas had pitched well and Montgomery had bombed trading Montgomery would have been a smart trade?

Did German pitching well on Friday make it a smart trade?

One bad outing or a good one doesn’t make it a dumber trade. But it still was a dumb trade no matter how you slice it.
The Yankees need all the starting pitching they can get. Trading away a starter for a defensive outfielder on the IL was a dumb move and if any other starter is injured, which is likely to happen the trade will look even worse.

The players change but the results are distessingly the same. Fast start, fade to a regular season team who doesn't win when it matters. Seems to me that is a reflection on both the GM and the manager. Nice to always be in the playoffs but that only goes so far.

Pitiful performance by this pitching staff. Can't believe how bad they are at giving up 2 strike, 2 out hits. Every inning is a long one for them. 20 baserunners and they lose the effing game. Plus the Yanks only go station to station. All the other teams force the issue and can score from 1st or 2nd, especially with 2 outs. Lead is now below 10 games, with Seattle and their best pitchers awaiting the Yanks. This could get really ugly this coming week.

You all wanted to push out Gallo. I told you the record with Gallo in lineup was really good. Since he’s been gone they haven’t won. And Dodgers haven’t lost

Pitiful performance by this pitching staff. Can't believe how bad they are at giving up 2 strike, 2 out hits. Every inning is a long one for them. 20 baserunners and they lose the effing game. Plus the Yanks only go station to station. All the other teams force the issue and can score from 1st or 2nd, especially with 2 outs. Lead is now below 10 games, with Seattle and their best pitchers awaiting the Yanks. This could get really ugly this coming week.
To your point-bases loaded 2 I repeat 2 outs Judge hits ball off centerfield wall and runner from first doesn't score. 2 outs running on contact and relay after retrieving the ball is 400 feet how do you stop at third?

To your point-bases loaded 2 I repeat 2 outs Judge hits ball off centerfield wall and runner from first doesn't score. 2 outs running on contact and relay after retrieving the ball is 400 feet how do you stop at third?

Centerfielder played it well, and Jose Trivino was the runner, probably the slowest Yankee of them all.

Centerfielder played it well, and Jose Trivino was the runner, probably the slowest Yankee of them all.
The slowest Yankee is Stanton, by a wide margin. We got rid slow pokes from last year: Voit and Sanchez,

He may be getting his closer job back. Holmes struggled again tonight, even in the non-save situation.

Too bad about Carpenter. Hopefully, it's like Chris Taylor of the Dodgers, and he's back in a month
You are probably right about Chapman and I hope you are right about Carpenter!

The Yankees need all the starting pitching they can get. Trading away a starter for a defensive outfielder on the IL was a dumb move and if any other starter is injured, which is likely to happen the trade will look even worse.
As I have constantly said, it was a dumb move.

Nice win after a horrible series in St. Louis. Never thought the lead was safe throughout. That's the state of the pitching. Good offensive production 2 games in a row. Tough loss with Carpenter. Looks like Stanton is a long ways out.

OOPS they did it again! un freaking believable! Leading off the 12th grounder back to mound ends up in double play. Last innning line drive to second double play. Prior inning first and second double steal picked off. No runs in 12 innings. If ever a team deserved to lose a game!

Looks like I’m the only one staying up watching this frustrating game. Yankees have been spotted a runner on second with no outs for the last 4 innings and can’t score a run. Multiple times bases loaded less than two outs and hitters swinging at balls out of strike zone ahead of the count. I’d like to go to sleep but I’ll hang in there at 2:13 am.

2:19 am Thaaaaa Yankeeees Looooose! Good thing we didn’t get Castillo because why would you want a starting pitcher who could be a great help when you can let him go to a contender and he can completely shut you down twice in about a week. PS Good Night

Back