2022 Mets

Just a reminder I'm going with an SJU buddy and waiting to confirm with our own sjc88 sept 1 vs dodgers a thursday 4:10 pm game if any of you other met degenerates want to go let me know tonight I'm going to buy tix this week

True Brooklyn, (walking to Ebbets Field as a kid) would still take more pleasure from the Yankees losing than the Mets winning. Rooted for Maris, Elston Howard, and Judge... to excel in Yankee losses.
Fuchsia--Attended my first game at Ebbets Bus back then but today I could walk there) and from a huge Brooklyn family of Dodger fans. When they left, I thought O'Malley's first name started with an "F", something like "truckin". I taught my son that a good day was when the Mets won and a great day was when the Mets won and Yankees lost. As we were both raised as Brooklyn Dodger fans we learned the saying Wait Until Next Year and appreciate it when if finally comes. Remember 1955!!!

Just a reminder I'm going with an SJU buddy and waiting to confirm with our own sjc88 sept 1 vs dodgers a thursday 4:10 pm game if any of you other met degenerates want to go let me know tonight I'm going to buy tix this week
Wish I could be there but I'm 1,100 miles away. I'll look for you on TV. Don't run onto the field naked!!! 🤣

Meh. Mets look like a tired baseball team. Rockies for 4 and then Dodgers. They’ve had a brutal schedule but after that it really opens up. You have to win the games but I feel pretty good overall. A day off right now is a good thing. Hopefully, deGrom gets us back on track.

Don’t worry Mets are very good, a little tired maybe , but series was great!(Yankee fan)

I really wish this team had the off day BEFORE the Yanks series. Besides the fact the had that long, emotionally draining game in Philly, they hadn’t had an off day in awhile and it was really starting to show.

People tend to overlook they won the world sieries last year. Very good pitching and great hitting. I still think the Mets will take them but they are no pushovers.
One thing to keep in mind is the Braves have seven games with the Phils and Bryce has started rehab last night and hit 2 homers in a triple A. hopefully Phils still have a wild card shot when they play in mid September (and with 3 games versus the Giants, 3 with Nats and 6 with Miami before the Braves they should still have a shot).

Meh. Mets look like a tired baseball team. Rockies for 4 and then Dodgers. They’ve had a brutal schedule but after that it really opens up. You have to win the games but I feel pretty good overall. A day off right now is a good thing. Hopefully, deGrom gets us back on track.
todays off day like you said is MUCH needed

LFGM!!! The Rockies are a team to beat. We're at home against a not so good team. Idle Braves are only a game and a half behind. We need these games. I hope that we at least take this series 3 out of 4. Even better 4 out of 4!!!

LFGM!!! The Rockies are a team to beat. We're at home against a not so good team. Idle Braves are only a game and a half behind. We need these games. I hope that we at least take this series 3 out of 4. Even better 4 out of 4!!!
Agree, we got 4 good starters going this w/e with an extra day's rest; and, hopefully the Cards play like a first place team and take the series vs. the Braves this weekend.

PS--Bryce knocked in a few more runs for Phillies triple A last night. He will probaly have to DH when he comes up this w/e, wonder if Schwarber ready for left field?

Nice solid win over a team we should beat. deGrom had a good outing. I'm not a fan of using Diaz in the 8th but I do understand the strategy with the 2, 3 and 4 hitters up. I just hope that it doesn't backfire on Buck at the wrong Time. 2 games up on the Braves. We got a little breathing room. Now let's take this series!

Back