2022 Mets

Between driving down to JSJs party yesterday driving home today then watching this marathon I have no clue how I’m gonna make it to the House of Dragons series premiere tonight :)

Absolutely Andrew! Now let's take two from the Yankees!!!
Is it me or do the 2 games with the Yankees seem anticlimactic after 16 of 19 versus the Braves and the Phils with NL East up for grabs. I just don't feel as enthusiastic about it as in years gone by. Worried about rain tomorrow and starting Max after his 7 scoreless innings at Citi versus them.

You missed one of the most exciting games of the year.
I’m not usually one for “jinxes” but once I saw we got 2 runs back quick I said screw it. The game lasted so long I had a commitment with my kids at 4 anyway so I couldn’t have watched regardless at that point.

I’m not usually one for “jinxes” but once I saw we got 2 runs back quick I said screw it. The game lasted so long I had a commitment with my kids at 4 anyway so I couldn’t have watched regardless at that point.
DVR and Fast Forward. You can watch a whole game in 45 minutes! 🤣 ;)

Is it me or do the 2 games with the Yankees seem anticlimactic after 16 of 19 versus the Braves and the Phils with NL East up for grabs. I just don't feel as enthusiastic about it as in years gone by. Worried about rain tomorrow and starting Max after his 7 scoreless innings at Citi versus them.
I always thought the Mets/Yanks should be one series toward the beginning of the season. Think, May. I mean here we are fighting for a Division and playoffs and here we are playing a team (Yanks) that have nothing to do with it. Here’s the thing. They are guaranteed sell outs on a Monday and Tuesday. So….it ain’t changing.

Want to think about something worse? The Mets will play September 23-25 (September!?) in, wait for it…Oakland! Now just imagine the Mets going for an NL “East“ clincher in Oakland! 3,000 miles away in an almost empty Coliseum! This is completely possible and would be an embarrassment for baseball. I mean nothing says East like Oakland California!

As bad as the Wilpons could be, they never came close to sinking this low:

I think the story behind this is that if a group (Phillies policy) buys x amount of tickets they can throw out a 1st pitch. The guy in the picture looks like a 7 line guy and I think they had a trip there Saturday. I am not certain of the story but it sounds accurate.

Yeah people might not like it but if you bring 250 admissions at MLB prices I don’t think the Owners care.

Back