2022 Mets

Jake takes the loss. A well played game by both sides. We weren't able to provide run support because the Braves played our game tonight. They were more disciplined at the plate and did not give us the SO's we needed. On to Philly.

Taking Diaz out of Wednesday’s game was the right move. I mean, you have a 4-run lead going to the 9th…you wouldn’t use Diaz in that spot to begin with. He only threw like 10 pitches and you have DeGrom pitching the next night, you need to keep Diaz available for that and if he pitches the ninth, then that flies out the window. They sadly would have been better off not scoring the insurance runs in the first place and then Diaz has to stay in.

The problem is as MJ pointed out is not getting Robertson. That is a big screw up by Eppler. He would have been PERFECT for this team. Instead you have guys who can’t get 3 outs in a 4-run game in the last inning which is…inexcusable and not Showalter’s fault. I mean, for me, that’s what’s gonna kill this team in October, no set-up guys. You can’t continually bring in Diaz in the 8th or God forbid, the 7th.

Well would have liked to win that game but…Mets are still in a good position. 3 1/2 up and 4 games in the loss column. The issue right now is pitching this weekend.

The Mets have survived a very tough schedule and they have one of the better records vs winning teams. Everyone kept pointing out the difficult stretches and wondering if they could survive. They have run the gauntlet and are almost there. Still have to win games but September is very favorable.

HUGE Win. Back to 4 1/2 and better yet 5 in the loss column.

I’ll save my Trevor May rant but…he sucks. Just a thrower. Not a pitcher. I just can’t help myself.
Well would have liked to win that game but…Mets are still in a good position. 3 1/2 up and 4 games in the loss column. The issue right now is pitching this weekend.

The Mets have survived a very tough schedule and they have one of the better records vs winning teams. Everyone kept pointing out the difficult stretches and wondering if they could survive. They have run the gauntlet and are almost there. Still have to win games but September is very favorable.
We also have to hope the Braves lose some more games. They are playing Houston now and we could really use their help.

Good win tonight. Bassitt did a good job and the BP did not disappoint. Good hitting, especially by Alonso and Baty. We're back on track. Let's take this series. Hopefully we take 3 of 4 or better. Then on to the Yanks next. The season rolls on. Love where we are right now.

A nice win last night. Also a necessary one. The first game today is Wheeler vs Trevor Williams. A tough matchup for us. It is what it is. On the flip side we have absolutely evicerated the Fillies. I think we are 12-4. No complaints. That’s tough to do against any of your rivals.

I am also “suffering” from a Brett Baty crush. Kid just has a good idea at the plate. However, the best part is his “poise”. He just looks so comfortable for such a young inexperienced player at the plate. His defense is still a work in progress but man, I love what I see. I know Francisco Alvarez is currently struggling at AAA but wow. In my eyes the two “gaps” in positional players is C and 3B. Two pretty exciting options to dream on.

We also have to hope the Braves lose some more games. They are playing Houston now and we could really use their help.
While agree that we have to hope that the Braves lose some games (which they did not last night), you don't win anything by hoping that your main rival loses. We have to be better than them.

While the bullpen remains a concern I believe it will look much different come playoff time. You add McGill, Peterson and even Lucchasi (sp) as a left handed option out of the pen it helps. I know these players may not have been in these roles before but there is hope!

While agree that we have to hope that the Braves lose some games (which they did not last night), you don't win anything by hoping that your main rival loses. We have to be better than them.
This is a good point. The Mets ARE in First place. Win their games and they stay there. I look at it as how frustrated the Braves are to keep winning and STILL be down 4 games in the loss column.

Of course, the flip side is the Mets could be up by much more. Put the Mets in any other division in the National League (if of course we were the Dodgers) and they would be in 1st by significantly more. The Braves didn’t win a WS for nothing. It will be tight all the way to the end.

Doubt Braves are frustrated they know the season is a marathon and they just have to keep grinding and if they pile up wins they can still take division and at worst make playoffs as a wild card. Mets will have to just be concerned with themselves and try to pile up wins to hold them off.

Ok, we got fame 1 od the Double Header. Now lets sweep, the Double Header and the series.
Greg, I thought game 1 was the problem. Wheeler vs Williams! No problem. We are living right at this moment. Tonight is Peterson vs some kid and tomorrow I don’t even know who is pitching for the Mets but your saying we have a chance? 😀

Greg, I thought game 1 was the problem. Wheeler vs Williams! No problem. We are living right at this moment. Tonight is Peterson vs some kid and tomorrow I don’t even know who is pitching for the Mets but your saying we have a chance? 😀
Bill, it's more like I'm hoping, praying, wishing and dreaming!!! 🤣😜🤞

The Mets pitcher for Sunday's game IS Tomorrow (per Bud & Lou); ergo Tomorrow is pitching tomorrow. 🙃 🙃

Back