2022 Mets

they just showed a video of the 1969 Mets singing You Gotta Have Heart (probably from Ed Sullivan Show)--what a nostalgic hoot! Just checked Youtube and it can be seen there

I didn't see it by I remember that like it was yesterday. My first season of baseball/Mets fandom. My first game ever was opening day against the Expos. I thought it was supposed to be like that every year. I remember being very upset when Ed Charles retired after the season. I had no idea how old he was. I was 7. They all seemed old to me.

I am totally with you Greg.
If these pitchers can't throw 2 innings every once in a while then they can't be called athletes. I mean gimme a break. I despise this rule it cheats the fans and the game. On top of that baseball is the ultimate stats game. You are giving free runs every extra inning without a hit/BB etc.

I think its going to stay because the MLBPA & the owners are not fighting it.

I remember going to 12 or 13 inning games and they were full of tension and fun.

Bat flip all you want just stop cheating the game

I didn't see it by I remember that like it was yesterday. My first season of baseball/Mets fandom. My first game ever was opening day against the Expos. I thought it was supposed to be like that every year. I remember being very upset when Ed Charles retired after the season. I had no idea how old he was. I was 7. They all seemed old to me.
You can relive it on Youtube--it's a hoot. All the guys look so young but it was 50+ years ago. Nolan Ryan looks like he was dragged there but Tug and Tom really were enjoying it. Even Jerry Grote was smiling. Kranepool has huge ears.

Looie Looie out 4-6. HUGE LOSS.

Lets fight through but I love that guy.

McNeil and Franny need to kiss and make-up and get this ship headed toward the promised land

You can relive it on Youtube--it's a hoot. All the guys look so young but it was 50+ years ago. Nolan Ryan looks like he was dragged there but Tug and Tom really were enjoying it. Even Jerry Grote was smiling. Kranepool has huge ears.
Here's the link to the video. Nolan Ryan looks like he's making a hostage tape! LOL!

Ugly loss last night. Good news it’s over. 1-0 or 13-1 it’s still counts as one L. Let’s see a bounce back today. Two games is a losing streak let’s not have one of those.

We really could use a win tonight. Need to get the good vibes back in our direction.
Need Walker to forget last Braves game or use this as a payback.--give 6 good innings as pen is rested after last night's fiasco. Braves did not pitch Morton at Citi as Mets have won 2 games vs him this year.

Mets #2 prospect Brett Baty was just called up. Should be available tomorrow but given Escobar played injured the last two games he should have been here tonight. Escobar will likely go on the IL.

Mets #2 prospect Brett Baty was just called up. Should be available tomorrow but given Escobar played injured the last two games he should have been here tonight. Escobar will likely go on the IL.
Not sure why they clearly dithered on this. Sunday it was a “rumored possibility“, yesterday Buck shot it down “not an option” and today it’s Baty will be in Atlanta on Wednesday. Maybe they were hoping Escobar was not as bad as it is. Hopefully it’s not a sign of some Buck/Eppler power struggle. Just seems like if they were decisive and sure Baty was ready (at least as a fill in) he would already be in the lineup.

Back