2022 Mets

The two hit batters rule is used a lot in youth baseball. Not sure I love it for the major leagues but I can see your point.

Yeah I don’t think he did it intentionally I just think 2 is enough

Almost totally disagree :) I'm with you on the getting hit in the head automatic suspension and agree umps warnings are stupid. If you want to ban fighting that's fine but you are giving too much power to the pitchers. Life is simple. Hit a 2nd guy whether intentional or not and you are out of the game because players will think twice about hitting a player. Also I'd be all for hit 2 batters and not only are you out for that game but you are suspended 1
Sounds like you almost completely agree and just want to add an automatic ejection for a guy that hits two batters. :unsure:

I like it. Add it to my list.

I think that the reason that the Mets are being hit so much is because of Buck's aggressive game style, which, by the way, I like. The opposing pitchers are pitching the hitters tight to move them away from the plate and intimidate them. It's part of the game.
I also think that if you are a pitcher throwing a ball at 90-100 mph you have some control but at that speed you can't place the ball exactly where you want it most of the time therefore you're going to hit batters on occasion. Again, it's part of the game. Remember Bob Gibson? (one of my favorite pitchers growing up) BG would as soon as hit you as pitch to you just to move you off the plate. Part of the game.

So we lose the series to SD but Alonso and Marte are now day-to-day.

I consider this a victory disguised as defeat.

We needed that tonight--great pitching. Walker with 10 K's and only 97 pitches something else and Diaz getting 5 out save (w/ 5 K's). Pete back to business and great to have Marti back. McNeil at 320 and looking good and Davis warming up. while only 5-5 road trip, it was what most would have taken at the start of it.

Get-away games are always tough and the first inning looked ominous but Walker turned it around and was fantastic. Lets keep winning games because the division has woken up.
Guess the phils really didn't care for Joe G....

Peterson was not sharp last night but what the game really showed was lack of bullpen depth
Thought it showed more that Reed is not ready for Prime Time (syracuse calling)--the balance of the relief pitchers were not that bad, giving up 1 run in 4 and 1/3 innings.

Bad loss of Megill. We could have used another starter. The bullpen is pulling a lot of weight which is going to show later in the season. I'm happy with our 15th series win, though. Canha is a fantastic pickup this year. Talent and a very intelligent athlete.

Bad loss of Megill. We could have used another starter. The bullpen is pulling a lot of weight which is going to show later in the season. I'm happy with our 15th series win, though. Canha is a fantastic pickup this year. Talent and a very intelligent athlete.
Spot on Canha--plays with smarts. Great save in 9th to nail Brewer at home and Diaz slider is murder

Back