2022 Mets

God I’m exhausted 😴 Game was a slow motion demolition of the Giants. Anyone else hear the heckler yell to McNeil that he needs to work on his “leg strength and you have no power” right after he says it McNeil bangs a 400+ foot home run. It was hilarious. It was clearly audible on the broadcast.

After Thursday we’ll be done with Dbacks and Giants but they have another Dodgers/Padres/Angels jaunt coming up. Lots of late nights ahead if you can do it.

What a wild game last night. Too many things happened to analyze it. Incredible comeback but also a tough one to lose. Team is resilient so they will keep fighting. Feel bad for Ngosek who pitched great to keep us in the game. Looks like he will be the guy getting sent down to make room for Szapucki to start today. Expect to see him back.

We needed the layoff yesterday. Let's hope that they regroup today and have another winning series against the Phillies. It's good to be home! I saw Carrasco pitch before I left and he pitched a masterful performance. Hopefully he does it again today.

We needed the layoff yesterday. Let's hope that they regroup today and have another winning series against the Phillies. It's good to be home! I saw Carrasco pitch before I left and he pitched a masterful performance. Hopefully he does it again today.
May get another day off with the rain. Would hate to waste Carrasco on a night that could be tarp on/tarp off throughout.

Mets made it closer than it had to be Against the Fillies. Shreve is giving up too many HRs. I think we all agree trading deadline bullpen help is needed.

All that being said, Edwin Diaz is one of if not the best closers in baseball. Always caveat with “right now”. He blew Harper and Castellanos right out of the box with downright filthy pitches. Last night that was shutdown closing. Hope he can keep that consistent. All closers blow games. Just limit how many.

Finally getting to watch My Mets tonight. National TV on Fox. Positives-I'm watching my first Mets game since I moved to Florida. Negatives-I miss Gary Keith and Ron!!!!!🤣
Get the baseball ⚾️ package and you will see just about every Mets game and with your favorite announcers. Cost only like $119 per season.

another series sweep guaranteed after taking first 2 versus Phils. Good to rebound from 1st series loss this year to Giants. Good work by bullpen and are they scoring/hitting or as the song goes "the Mets are really sockin' the ball; knocking those home runs over the wall".

Crowd sounded pumped after McNeil HR in the rain or so it seemed on TV. Mets playing winning ball. Good to see!

SWEEEEET SWEEEEEP of the PHILS! What a great comeback. Plumber was big time clutch! I got to watch my Mets 2 nights in a row and they won both games! I think that the team attitude is dictated by Buck. Please sign him to a 30 year contract! 🤣 This is the most excited I've been about this team since '86! We have a real chance for the WS!
One note: I still miss Gary, Keith and Ronnie!

SWEEEEET SWEEEEEP of the PHILS! What a great comeback. Plumber was big time clutch! I got to watch my Mets 2 nights in a row and they won both games! I think that the team attitude is dictated by Buck. Please sign him to a 30 year contract! 🤣 This is the most excited I've been about this team since '86! We have a real chance for the WS!
One note: I still miss Gary, Keith and Ronnie!
Greg--so right-the last 2 nights w/o Gary, Keith and Ron was painful listening. Buck amazing to let Plumber hit in the 9th. A lot of injuries and they are still winning. Best ever record as of Memorial Day.

As a lifelong Mets fan I haven't seen the Mets play this well since the 80's. We have had a few good teams since and the 2015 team was very close to a World Series, but the fight in this team is remarkable. Hopefully we can play well in the Nationals series as June will be a killer month and we are missing Scherzer and DeGrom. I am expecting that we take a big step back the next month but if they keep battling and we hopefully get our pitching healthy and make some trade deadline moves we will have a strong second half and postseason.

I'm sure at some point this group with hit a tough stretch but their tenacity and refusal to give up should help them handle the adversity. Fun first 50 games.

Man, this team just feels different. Like, just had a feeling they would score in the 9th. The fact it was a guy in his first MLB game just made it even better.

Gotta add though. What the hell is Ottavino grooving one right down Broadway on an 0-2 pitch for? That’s inexcusable.

Back