2022 - 2023 Schedule

Actually there is but one team, Florida State that is projected as a top 40 team in some pre season polls. If they don't play the Cuse, who is not considered to be that good, the schedule actually looks weaker then last year's which included Kansas and Indiana. Let's hope they pick up a top tier team with the remaining openings. If a local game could be scheduled, it would be great to play Iona although that would seem to be a no win situation.
I agree Rapper. Nebraska and Iowa St. we’re horrible draws in the Big 10 and Big 12 challenges. How many games to we have scheduled as of now? Do we have room for two more? I hope so because we need a couple of more quality games for the schedule not to hurt us come selection Sunday assuming we will be in the tourney mix.

I agree Rapper. Nebraska and Iowa St. we’re horrible draws in the Big 10 and Big 12 challenges. How many games to we have scheduled as of now? Do we have room for two more? I hope so because we need a couple of more quality games for the schedule not to hurt us come selection Sunday assuming we will be in the tourney mix.
Iowa St. will be a preseason top 50 team in KenPom. That is a quad 1 road opportunity against a beatable, power conference opponent with legit tournament aspirations. Ideal draw imo.

Nebraska at home is not helpful, though. Might need another Q2 opportunity for some ballast.

Iowa St. will be a preseason top 50 team in KenPom. That is a quad 1 road opportunity against a beatable, power conference opponent with legit tournament aspirations. Ideal draw imo.

Nebraska at home is not helpful, though. Might need another Q2 opportunity for some ballast.
Agree, Iowa St game is a quality game. For some reason I thought this was a rebuilding year for them.

A fringe top 50 team who lost top players Morris and Niang and maybe others? Florida State a fringe top 40 and then what. Perhaps both will be good but as of now, that's certainly not enough to get anyone's attention. This is the third year in a row with a mediocre OOC schedule. You would think that Cragg and whoever would have learned their lesson and made a strong OOC schedule a priority. Two seasons ago when the team finished 4th in the conference they were denied a bid to the dance cause of a lousy OOC schedule and last year not even getting an NIT bid probably can be attributed to that as well.

Johnny Rapper wrote:
A fringe top 50 team who lost top players Morris and Niang and maybe others?

Not sure what team you were thinking of but neither Morris nor Niang played for Iowa State last year.

A fringe top 50 team who lost top players Morris and Niang and maybe others? Florida State a fringe top 40 and then what. Perhaps both will be good but as of now, that's certainly not enough to get anyone's attention. This is the third year in a row with a mediocre OOC schedule. You would think that Cragg and whoever would have learned their lesson and made a strong OOC schedule a priority. Two seasons ago when the team finished 4th in the conference they were denied a bid to the dance cause of a lousy OOC schedule and last year not even getting an NIT bid probably can be attributed to that as well.
Niang and Morris last played for ISU like 5 years ago.

The rest of your OOC critique aside, ISU is absolutely a good non conference game and this schedule is an improvement over last year's.

Niang and Morris last played for ISU like 5 years ago.

The rest of your OOC critique aside, ISU is absolutely a good non conference game and this schedule is an improvement over last year's.

Damn, you are correct regarding Niang and Morris. I had them confused with other players. Again, a good non conference game and solid opponent but still not sold on the overall OOC schedule.

For anyone unhappy with our OOC schedule, check out N.C. St.'s. I think I saw it on Rothstein's twitter today.

Official release:

Doesn't look like much, but will probably come down to the tournament in Barclays Center. By all accounts, Temple will have it's best team in a long time, and Richmond is usually pretty good.

Oh, how I wish the locations of the Iowa St. and Nebraska games were switched. Of course, that would have caused logistical issues with evening out those events.

Official release:

Doesn't look like much, but will probably come down to the tournament in Barclays Center. By all accounts, Temple will have it's best team in a long time, and Richmond is usually pretty good.

Oh, how I wish the locations of the Iowa St. and Nebraska games were switched. Of course, that would have caused logistical issues with evening out those events.
Meh

Schedule doesn’t pop to the eye, but we’ll have around 17 games before we get to conference. I just want to be hitting our stride by BEast time.

Back