2022 - 2023 Schedule

Looks like a better schedule than last season.
Not sure New Hampshire does anything for us, but on paper it looks a million times better than Mississippi Valley St.

The days of crap opponents from below the Mason-Dixon Line hopefully ends forever.

Not sure New Hampshire does anything for us, but on paper it looks a million times better than Mississippi Valley St.

The days of crap opponents from below the Mason-Dixon Line hopefully ends forever.
On paper New Hampshire is actually pretty brutal right now. They lost their 2 best players to the portal and haven’t really replaced them with anybody of impact yet. It’s pretty likely they’ll open as a sub 300 D1 team. Still time to pick up a piece or two from the portal and they’ll be better than MVSU was last year but not by much. Either way that’s basically a SFNY type game for us

I assumed they we
On paper New Hampshire is actually pretty brutal right now. They lost their 2 best players to the portal and haven’t really replaced them with anybody of impact yet. It’s pretty likely they’ll open as a sub 300 D1 team. Still time to pick up a piece or two from the portal and they’ll be better than MVSU was last year but not by much. Either way that’s basically a SFNY type game for us
I assumed they were brutal even without looking at roster. They are never good.

I just think that as a Northeast school our cupcakes should be more regional. There are enough of them that we should never have to play a Southern cupcake ever again. I'd like to see us play more mid-major teams that might win their conference though. Someone we should beat, but will lose to if we look past them.

Very cool that they are going to play the Big 10 game at Carnesecca. I think they realized that MSG does not provide the best home court advantage.

Would love for Ohio State to come to Carnesseca.

Very cool that they are going to play the Big 10 game at Carnesecca. I think they realized that MSG does not provide the best home court advantage.

Would love for Ohio State to come to Carnesseca.
Playing Ohio State at CA would be apropos as we played them at their St. John's Arena in Columbus in 1989 in the NIT quarterfinals

Rothstein is reporting this about Creighton's schedule.

NEWS: Creighton will play Arizona State in a neutral site game in Las Vegas on 12/12, according to multiple sources. The Bluejays will also play in Las Vegas two days earlier --- on 12/10 --- against BYU.

Are we expected to play 2 games during the Florida trip?

Rothstein is reporting this about Creighton's schedule.

NEWS: Creighton will play Arizona State in a neutral site game in Las Vegas on 12/12, according to multiple sources. The Bluejays will also play in Las Vegas two days earlier --- on 12/10 --- against BYU.

Are we expected to play 2 games during the Florida trip?
No

Nebraska obviously doesn’t move the needle for our SOS/NET however Cuse, Richmond, @FLST, @Iowa St. certainly do.

Hypothetically do we have enough on the OOC right now to have us firmly as a Q1 team with 19-21 wins at seasons end? It’s certainly debatable and hinging on who/where we win. Not the doubt that we want in what has to be a tourney year.

Cragg wants UBS annually. Here’s to hoping he has another marquee game up his sleeve either in Elmont or Midtown to firmly get us over to the hump before conference play. There’s too much on the line to leave it up to chance.

Nebraska obviously doesn’t move the needle for our SOS/NET however Cuse, Richmond, @FLST, @Iowa St. certainly do.

Hypothetically do we have enough on the OOC right now to have us firmly as a Q1 team with 19-21 wins at seasons end? It’s certainly debatable and hinging on who/where we win. Not the doubt that we want in what has to be a tourney year.

Cragg wants UBS annually. Here’s to hoping he has another marquee game up his sleeve either in Elmont or Midtown to firmly get us over to the hump before conference play. There’s too much on the line to leave it up to chance.

It's either the Cuse or Richmond. Hopefully its the Cuse but the Spiders have been decent of late with a recent tourney win over Iowa.

still doesn't seem to be enough, leaving too much to chance. As Astoria mentioned, we need another marquee Q1 game either at UBS or MSG.
The schedule won't be the main issue. The team needs to play well and win. Even if they aren't world beaters at the outset, they will have numerous opportunities at good wins in the BE because the conference is in great shape right now and a rising tide lifts all boats.

The main issues are, will this team gel; avoid injury to key players; and players continuing to develop. They don't need to back in to the tournament by gaming the scheduling. They need to kick in the door waving the 44 and all you heard was Poppa don't hit me no more Notorious BIG style.

I think they have the pieces in place to do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ras
The schedule won't be the main issue. The team needs to play well and win. Even if they aren't world beaters at the outset, they will have numerous opportunities at good wins in the BE because the conference is in great shape right now and a rising tide lifts all boats.

The main issues are, will this team gel; avoid injury to key players; and players continuing to develop. They don't need to back in to the tournament by gaming the scheduling. They need to kick in the door waving the 44 and all you heard was Poppa don't hit me no more Notorious BIG style.

I think they have the pieces in place to do it.
you took the words out of my mouth. The BE is going to be a dog fight this year The formula for making the tourney is winning.

The schedule is better than last year but still needs to be upgraded in the future. Cannot count on B10 or B12 matchups to always be the best non-conference games. You don't control them.

1)Need to start looking at some home and homes with power teams that perennially make NCAA's.
2)And the one I have been harping on need to get into the more prominent exempt tourney's on a more regular basis: Atlantis, Maui, NIT etc. You want to be a big time program you need to act like one.

The schedule is better than last year but still needs to be upgraded in the future. Cannot count on B10 or B12 matchups to always be the best non-conference games. You don't control them.

1)Need to start looking at some home and homes with power teams that perennially make NCAA's.
2)And the one I have been harping on need to get into the more prominent exempt tourney's on a more regular basis: Atlantis, Maui, NIT etc. You want to be a big time program you need to act like one.

You want to be a big time program you need to be considered one. Acting like one is just acting. Do you think the admin doesn't want to play in Atlantis or Maui? Team has to earn an invite, and not based on what the name meant 25 years ago.

You want to be a big time program you need to be considered one. Acting like one is just acting. Do you think the admin doesn't want to play in Atlantis or Maui? Team has to earn an invite, and not based on what the name meant 25 years ago.
That's not true.

Plenty of programs get invited without flashy resumes.

Also not being in an exempt tourney at all in 2020-21 had nothing to do with lack of success.

Pre season NIT has long been a staple for SJU lack of recent success is not a big concern there.

If u think those Tourney's prefer Butler and SHU you're wrong.

Look at Rutgers they are being killed for their non conference scheduling. You think they are doing it because of no opportunities? Especially with their recent success. It is precisely because of their recent success people are criticizing them.

And none of that excuses the lack of scheduling tough non conference games. Duke played SJU for years including when SJU sucked so what?

Back