2022 - 2023 Schedule

You would think that we are now going to have a home matchup (ideally MSG) for the Gavitt Games. The schedule is coming together nicely, with plenty of open slots left to strategically fill in Queens with mid majors:

Home-

Merrimack, 5-6 open games to fill in Queens

Neutral-

2/3 of Richmond/Temple/Cuse (Brooklyn, Empire Classic)

Road-

@Iowa St., @Florida St. (Miami Metro)

TBD-

Gavitt Games Big 10 Matchup
so far with 5 high major conference games (i'm including Richmond and Temple, although some might argue otherwise), i think we need at least one, maybe 2, more P5 conf games (and not against the likes of BC or Penn State). Otherwise I am afraid the schedule is not looking appreciably better than last year's OOC (Indiana, Kansas, Pitt).,

Need to get with schools for home and homes like we did with Duke. OOC needs to be a lot better. BE contests will raise the SOS because I think the league will be a beast.

Also, Richmond and Temple are in mid-majors. They are good which is all that matters.

The problem is that we are a cupcake game for good programs. They don't want to play us because it can only hurt them and will do nothing to help them even with a blowout.

so far with 5 high major conference games (i'm including Richmond and Temple, although some might argue otherwise), i think we need at least one, maybe 2, more P5 conf games (and not against the likes of BC or Penn State). Otherwise I am afraid the schedule is not looking appreciably better than last year's OOC (Indiana, Kansas, Pitt).,
Assuming we don't draw Minnesota or Northwestern in the Gavitt Games we're pretty much guaranteed to have at least 4 and maybe 5 top 100 OOC opponents with only one of those games being a true home game. Last year it was 2 as Pitt was barely top 200. I like the multiple tough but winnable games over the one game against a top 5 team. I think the schedule is in a good spot right now.

I guess we're never happy if we're not worried about how bad things will turn out. I prefer to be optimistic and ultimately often disappointed but it at least allows me to be happy for much of the year lol.

Drawing Iowa State is a big draw for us in an away court. They are coming off a sweet-16 and will be highly ranked. Definitely a big metric type game for our schedule. Much better this year for sure. Will be interesting to see Gavitt games matchup.

I guess our scheduling issues are not so unique. This is PC's experience:

So the @PCFriarsmbb will open with Miami and then face Maryland/Saint Louis at Mohegan, travel to TCU and Rhody. There will NOT be a Gavitt Games appearance so need for a marquee @DunkinDonutsCtr opponent is obvious - and always a major challenge for Friars.

If there are still openings in the out of conference schedule, why not try to schedule Hofstra, on a Sat. or Sunday, at UBS Arena. Also, during the week prior to the conference games, why not schedule Iona , at MSG. If not Iona, Dayton, at MSG, would be a strong test and the Dayton area alums would have a strong showing.

If there are still openings in the out of conference schedule, why not try to schedule Hofstra, on a Sat. or Sunday, at UBS Arena. Also, during the week prior to the conference games, why not schedule Iona , at MSG. If not Iona, Dayton, at MSG, would be a strong test and the Dayton area alums would have a strong showing.
Dayton would be an excellent game! They will be very good next season.

When we played in Empire Classic in 2018-19, there were 2 "preliminary" games on campus (Loyola, Md. and Bowling Green). Will this "format" exist again and result in 2 on campus games that are to be determined. The above schedule leaves a lot of open time in November as it has no games before 11/21. Expect some cupcakes in the early going.

Back