Zuby “Beast II”

Zuby isnt quick enough or shoot well enough to be a 4. Hes an undersized 5 who provides energy off the bench on a good team.

You guys know this. What are we even talking about here?

Zuby had never played as a post player with his back to the basket and his inexperience there showed. He will be pencilled in as a starting 4, with spot minutes at the 5. He is staying on campus this summer to work on improving and will be coached within ncaa boundaries. I've been told that facing the basket he has been a good outside shooter and can put the ball on the floor. We saw flashes of that.

What we may see is a dramatic improvement if Rick plays Zuby to his strengths and if Zuby improves his game this summer. I'm going to guess it will have us wondering why Rick didn't play Joel and Zuby in tandem, as some here speculated.

No question Zuby is a very athletic big.
Love this kid…expect big improvement

I believe his defense will keep him on the floor more than his offense. However, I have to believe if he works on his 5 to 10 foot jump shot this summer, he can contribute more offensively.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a 5 foot jumper 😂😂

Agree- that's what he was last year... but do you not believe in year over year improvement?
I do but even with improvement, he is not a starter on a good team. Are we trying to compete for a natty or for 5th place in the big east?

You cant say we need to be a top 15 team and compete for a natty and want guys like posh/ledlum returning and guys like Zuby starting.

We have Rick Pitino here to bring in studs. We will not settle!

I do but even with improvement, he is not a starter on a good team. Are we trying to compete for a natty or for 5th place in the big east?

You cant say we need to be a top 15 team and compete for a natty and want guys like posh/ledlum returning and guys like Zuby starting.

Let's just make the Sweet 16 before we start talking about nattys and top 15 in the regular season. Surrounded by certain talent, Zuby's good enough for that. First part of that sentence being key.

We haven’t won a game in the tournament in two decades. I think most would consider next year a success if we dance and advance to the Round of 32. My hope is that we dance regularly and make a couple of runs to the second week. Anything more is gravy. I don’t think it’s realistic to expect this year’s team to be anything close to a final four contender.

Back