Yankees 2024 Season

Judge’s oven mitt opens the flood gates in the 6th

Yanks score 7 runs after that play in the inning.

Nice series win. Great to see the bats get hot just in time for Baltimore. Congrats to Rizzo. Yankees bullpen finished up nicely for a struggling Stroman. You could tell early on that it was going to be a slog for Stroman today. 7 for 18 with RISP. Nice.

What Boone should have said in his postgame comments is, "Thanks to these guys getting their bats going and covering my ass, we were able to win a series that we should have swept if not for my pathetic, expected stupidass decisions I made Friday night. I know that this happens on a weekly basis, but I'm just not capable of being better than what I currently am."

Moving Verdugo up to fourth has made a difference in the lineup, although I don't think Boone will put him there against lefties.

Now, the Yankees are switching off lefties and righties in every spot in the batting order, 2 through 7. That makes it very tough for a pitcher to get into a rhythm.

Verdugo on paternity leave. Third string catcher Carlos Narvaez is his roster replacement.

YANKEES:
Volpe SS
Soto RF
Judge LF
Rizzo 1B
Stanton DH
Wells C
Torres 2B
Cabrera 3B
Grisham CF

Baltimore:
Henderson SS
Rutschman C
O'Hearn DH
Santander RF
Mountcastle 1B
Mullins CF
Westburg 2B
Cowser LF
Urias 3B

game 30. tough loss.
schmidt gives up lead off homer and then scatters 2 hts over almost 6 innings.
yanks left hot bats at airport.
volpes boot costing the 2nd bird run, is what i saw many times last year. a boot, a run.
al east will be fun with the birds and the bombers.

Same old shit. How the hell does this team keep running Statue (Stanton) out there? He can't run a lick. Pathetic.

Judge hit a bunch of fly balls, but of course, not when they needed one with 1st and 3rd and 1 out. Team just does not hit with RISP when they need it most. 0 for 8 tonight. 2 for 21 with runners on. This is what we'll see come playoff time.

Never thought Volpe was a Gold Glover, and I still don't. Huge run there that may have changed the 9th inning.

Boone shows no sense of urgency.

YANKEES:
Volpe SS
Soto RF
Judge LF
Stanton DH
Rizzo 1B
Torres 2B
Wells C
Cabrera 3B
Grisham CF

Baltimore: