Yankees 2024 Season

This team, although off to a good start record-wise, continues to lack fundamentals in the area of baserunning and defensive play, especially in the infield. How many errors, bobbles and near miscues were there today? Felt like 8 or 9 in total. Obvious that Cortes did not have it today. Shame. Sweep on the road would have been nice going into Toronto. BTW, what the hell did Blake say to Weaver before the Florial homer?

This team, although off to a good start record-wise, continues to lack fundamentals in the area of baserunning and defensive play, especially in the infield. How many errors, bobbles and near miscues were there today? Felt like 8 or 9 in total. Obvious that Cortes did not have it today. Shame. Sweep on the road would have been nice going into Toronto. BTW, what the hell did Blake say to Weaver before the Florial homer?
Pitching holding it together so far enabling great start

Pedestrian effort by the Yanks tonight. For whatever reason, they never hit mediocre Bassitt. When your starter walks 7 and gives no length, you're in trouble. And of course, 2 more infield miscues tonight by Rizzo and Torres. Rizzo is really struggling in the field. Yanks, I believe, lead the majors in errors. Need to get it going tomorrow night.

John Sterling calling a game was always a good listen, whether his words reflected what was going on on the field or not. A great card in the deck of Yankee announcers, though not all perfect, Suzyn, Kay, Rizzuto, White and Messer, Mel Allen, Red Barber and Phil, Jerry Coleman, Joe Garagiola, Jim Kaat, Tony Kubek, Fran Healy, Joe Girardi, Bobby Murcer, etc.
Note that funnyman Joe E. Brown was in the booth for a year.

Remember when the announcers did both TV and radio? Finished WPIX then went over to the radio side. Marv Albert doing the pre-game/post-game shows?

Broadcaster Roll

John Sterling calling a game was always a good listen, whether his words reflected what was going on on the field or not. A great card in the deck of Yankee announcers, though not all perfect, Suzyn, Kay, Rizzuto, White and Messer, Mel Allen, Red Barber and Phil, Jerry Coleman, Joe Garagiola, Jim Kaat, Tony Kubek, Fran Healy, Joe Girardi, Bobby Murcer, etc.
Note that funnyman Joe E. Brown was in the booth for a year.

Remember when the announcers did both TV and radio? Finished WPIX then went over to the radio side. Marv Albert doing the pre-game/post-game shows?

Broadcaster Roll
Islanders play-by-play man Brendan Burke gave a nice acknowledgment to Sterling during last night’s Isles game by using Sterling’s “Islanders Goal! Islanders Goal! Islanders Goal!” call. Sterling was the radio voice of the Isles for three seasons.

Sterling also had a fun 'sports talk' radio show on WMCA, etc.
I remember his commercials for his favorite restaurant, "LeVert Galante."

Sterling also had a fun 'sports talk' radio show on WMCA, etc.
I remember his commercials for his favorite restaurant, "LeVert Galante."
Remember his show and Marv Albert having a sports talk show on I believe WNBC. Can’t recall who was first though and if it was the first sports talk radio show. Maybe Marty Glickman had one?

Remember his show and Marv Albert having a sports talk show on I believe WNBC. Can’t recall who was first though and if it was the first sports talk radio show. Maybe Marty Glickman had one?
And don't forget Arthur George Rust Jr. Sports talk radio, when you could actually get a reasonable dialog along with interesting stories.

Just watched Stanton take a leisurely jog around the bases as a throw home would have had him out by a mile but luckily the catcher dropped the ball. WOW he still can’t run for 💩

Another uninspiring Yankees loss tonight. Hard to win when your best hitters are nonexistent, your starting pitcher only goes 4 innings, you can't hit with RISP, you walk 7 batters, and yet again, you make 2 bonehead players in the field, shockingly both by Torres. Not. So tired of watching him especially, and this team on general, continue to make one bad play or decision after another without any repercussions. Yamks will be swept tomorrow because Gausman won't have another bad outing vs. them.

And as expected, Boone has nothing but excuses and holds no one accountable on the postgame.

Last edited:
Still very sloppy play. Rizzo and Torres should have been charged with errors. Plate umpire was inconsistent.

Before the 9th inning started, I said to myself, "Let's see if these guys have any balls and mount a comeback." So in spite of themselves, they do, and get a split on the road trip against 2 good teams. Thought they were going to regret letting Gausman off the hook in the 1st inning.

Still, I am do done with Torres. Struck out on 3 pitches with the bases loaded in the 1st inning, once again was weak with the glove, and we know about his low BB IQ baserunning-wise. If he doesn't hit, he's useless to this team with all his other blemishes.

Can Ferguson get a lefty hitter out and not give up a homer? That's his only job. WTF is going on with Rizzo's fielding? Something definitely going on there.

Sosa with a huge game. A true gem thus far. Volpe really looking good with the glove.

Back