Yankees 2024 Season

On Friday night, the New York Yankees made some roster moves by choosing not to renew the contracts of three relievers and trading outfielder Jake Bauers. The players who were not tendered contracts include pitchers Lou Trivino, Albert Abreu, and Anthony Misiewicz. Trivino’s non-tender had been expected due to his recovery from Tommy John surgery and a projected salary of over $4 million for the 2024 season. Abreu struggled with inconsistency throughout the season, posting a 4.73 ERA. Misiewicz made a significant impact but ended his season early due to a head injury. As for Bauers, he was traded to the Milwaukee Brewers.

These moves allowed the Yankees to save approximately $5 million. With the additional trade of Bauers, the total savings increased to around $7 million. The departures also freed up four spots on the team’s 40-man roster, providing flexibility for potential acquisitions.

the yanks are busting up the bottom of, statistically, the best pen in beisbal.

On Friday night, the New York Yankees made some roster moves by choosing not to renew the contracts of three relievers and trading outfielder Jake Bauers. The players who were not tendered contracts include pitchers Lou Trivino, Albert Abreu, and Anthony Misiewicz. Trivino’s non-tender had been expected due to his recovery from Tommy John surgery and a projected salary of over $4 million for the 2024 season. Abreu struggled with inconsistency throughout the season, posting a 4.73 ERA. Misiewicz made a significant impact but ended his season early due to a head injury. As for Bauers, he was traded to the Milwaukee Brewers.

These moves allowed the Yankees to save approximately $5 million. With the additional trade of Bauers, the total savings increased to around $7 million. The departures also freed up four spots on the team’s 40-man roster, providing flexibility for potential acquisitions.

the yanks are busting up the bottom of, statistically, the best pen in beisbal.
Enough to cover Cashman’s contract.

Soto deal down to the physicals.

Soto and Grisham for King, Thorpe, Brito, Higgy, and Vazquez. That's what's being reported, anyway

For that package, they'd better sign him at the end of the year

Soto deal down to the physicals.

Soto and Grisham for King, Thorpe, Brito, Higgy, and Vazquez. That's what's being reported, anyway

For that package, they'd better sign him at the end of the year
To me it made sense to wait until next year to sign him and not have to give up FIVE players!

To me it made sense to wait until next year to sign him and not have to give up FIVE players!
Maybe they feel they have a head start to signing him, if he likes it here.

I wouldn't mind giving him 10 years, $550 million, right now. Of course, it's not my money! LOL!

Between the Soto and Verdugo deals, and the Rule 5 draft, the Yankees have lost 9 minor league arms (Weissert, Fitts, Judice, Brito, Thorpe, Vasquez, Spence, Sauer and Coleman) as well as Mike King. They are going to have to sign some guys to bolster the ranks, and pray for good health in the starting rotation.

But, with Soto, I'm OK with that.

33hr, 100 rbis, .284 Are Soto’s yearly numbers. Not a great fielder with a bad arm.

Padres apparently have an issue with one of the medicals. Sides confident this can be worked through, but package probably has to be redone, a bit.

Back