Yankees 2024 Season

2 issues again with this team:

They don't hit. Especially when it counts. 5 runs in 3 games. 3 and 3 against 2 bad teams. Same old shit.

Idiot Boone and this bullpen. Leave Weaver in for a 2nd inning. He threw 12 pitches!! That extends the bullpen, plus he's the most effective reliever. Holmes is such a liability. Lieter didn't need to be in this game if Boone handled the bullpen properly. Actually, it feels like every Yankee pitcher is a liability with 2 outs.

Between Holmes at the back end and Idiot Boone in the dugout, this team is in trouble. 10 blown saves. Same old, same old.

Why the hell was Dominguez brought up for this game? Who's idea? Totally overmatched. Boone said he had good ABs. He struck out 3 times. Right.

Really nice job by Stroman. Nice job wasting it by Holmes and Boone.

What I didn't like this weekend, was Trevino starting two of the three games behind the plate, and with a lefty going for Cleveland tomorrow, I have a bad feeling that he's going to start over Wells, again. Throw in a day game on Thursday (and Boone, like most managers, prefers to change the catcher day game after a night game), and there's a good chance that Wells would be essentially benched four out of six games since Trevino came back (though he did pinch hit Wells somewhat early last night, which he was reluctant to do earlier in the season).

To me, it was no accident that Wells started to play better, when he started playing more often. Plus, he could be the future at the position. Trevino certainly is not. He should be playing once a week, twice at most. If the pitchers don't like that, too bad. They'll get used to it.

The 6 walks by Gil is just not sustainable, along with the 0 for 4 hitting with RISP. Such a flawed team. Struggles continue at home.

Shame is that there are 2 generational hitters whose years will end up being a waste.

They'll find another way to lose a home game against an unknown starter.

They get out of a tough bases loaded jam in the 10th, and all thus inept offense needed was a fly ball and Grisham couldn't deliver. 0 for 9 with RISP tonight. It just keeps getting worse.

Great job Mayza.

How the hell does DJLM fail to touch 1st to get a DP there? Basic fundamental baseball that this team continues to flaunt.

Last edited:
Back