Yankees 2024 Season

Top of the 6th inning is so typical of this team. Soto and Judge are pitched around and walked. Wells and Torres don't come through, Grisham walks, and Volpe strikes out. Against the worst team and pitching staff in MLB. This team just sucks at hitting with RISP.

Losing 2 of 3 against the worst team in MLB is unacceptable.

call them motor city. call them motor oil. dont pitch to $99. a getty.

volpe should return his golden glove.
bravo cole, weaver. the pen

Last edited:
Needed win, especially with the Orioles losing. Great start by Cole and good bullpen work.

Still, when you look inside the hitting numbers, the Yanks once again showed they cannot hit with RISP. 0 for 10 tonight. This will kill them in the playoffs. So enjoy the regular season, because they'll be stopped after that.

Stanton and DJLM are just horrible.

Sloppy in the field tonight also. How Volpe ever won a Gold Glove is beyond me.

This Tigers team has more no names than even the White Sox, yet the Yanks hitters were stymied by a bunch of minor league pitchers. Anything less than a sweep will be a disappointment.

Another No Contact game for this team. Against a pitcher with one of the worst ERAs in MLB.

Stanton is just plain bad. Rice is overmatched.

Take out the 6 run inning in Chicago and this has been an awful road trip from an offensive standpoint. Against bad pitching with one of the best pitchers to be faced tomorrow night.

Rodon could not get outs with 2 strikes or with 2 outs.

Imagine losing this series. Pathetic.

And the Orioles are losing again tonight. Huge missed opportunity facing these bottom dwellers.

Both teams were allowed to call up a 27th man for this game (I don't know why), and the player the Yankees decided on is seen in the starting lineup.

YANKEES:
Torres 2B
Soto RF
Judge CF
Stanton DH
Dominguez LF
Trevino C
Volpe SS
LeMahieu 1B
Peraza 3B

Tigers:
Meadows CF
Greene DH
Vierling LF
Carpenter RF
Keith 2B
Torkelson 1B
Jung 3B
Sweeney SS
Rogers C

Hope the weather cooperates for the Martians’ season debut

As I said above, they allowed both teams a 27th man for this game (I don't know why).

I believe he has to go back down after the game, unless we put someone on the IL. I'm not totally sure about that, though.

Regardless, Jasson Domínguez will be back up for good in September. Something to do with the organization wanting him to keep his rookie status for 2025.

Back