Yankees 2024 Season

As much as I think Boone is a zero value add, and he is, firing him fixes nothing with this team. The problems are well beyond the manager's office. The lineup has effectively two good hitters and a bunch of replacement level guys at every other slot (Rice has some promise, and Verdugo and Volpe have fallen way off), the rotation has completely cratered and is giving them no length, and the bullpen is overworked and undertalented (Michael Tonkin, a guy who was pitching in the independent leagues, is now an "indispensable" arm in that group). It's a roster construction problem that somehow was masked by overperforming starting pitching and Soto/Judge going off at the plate. Now that the starting pitching has regressed, and the lineup is playing pillow fighting, the team looks like hell.

Boone completely embarrassed himself defending Trent Grisham and Gleyber Torres' laziness recently, but firing him doesn't fix the roster.

i go away for 2 weeks and the yankees world is like bizzaro world.
including tonites game where trent has all the ribbies in the game.

Do yourself a favor and stop caring so much, it might do you some good.

2 years ago after being 38 games over, they almost blew 1st place.

2 years later, after being up 28? Over 500., I said that won't happen again. Well here we are they're now 17-18 games over? So this is happening twice in 3 years, and it started with Boston 🤬 how do you start the season like gang busters then just crap themselves? So time to stop giving a s*, at least until Boone is gone.

And Rodon looks like trash out there now like maybe he doesn't
give a crap, he's getting that guaranteed money right? Watch soon they'll say oh he's injured. Never fails.

Maybe they should trade him.
Actually, commenting on the game, during or after, keeps me sane, and helps get any frustration out.

As much as I think Boone is a zero value add, and he is, firing him fixes nothing with this team. The problems are well beyond the manager's office. The lineup has effectively two good hitters and a bunch of replacement level guys at every other slot (Rice has some promise, and Verdugo and Volpe have fallen way off), the rotation has completely cratered and is giving them no length, and the bullpen is overworked and undertalented (Michael Tonkin, a guy who was pitching in the independent leagues, is now an "indispensable" arm in that group). It's a roster construction problem that somehow was masked by overperforming starting pitching and Soto/Judge going off at the plate. Now that the starting pitching has regressed, and the lineup is playing pillow fighting, the team looks like hell.

Boone completely embarrassed himself defending Trent Grisham and Gleyber Torres' laziness recently, but firing him doesn't fix the roster.
All good points. But Boone is the Manager of this poorly constructed mess, so he's the easy target, plus a ton of underperformed players.

What channel, network or streaming service is this game on tonight?

Wait, maybe it's better we can't watch it.

There's a clear line. He missed those three Dodgers games, and hasn't really been the same since. I'm guessing that was a little more serious than they are saying, and that he might be on the IL, if we didn't have so many guys on there already. For this writer to compare him with guys like Gallo and Donaldson is an insult to Soto, IMO.

Great play by the Tampa second baseman to save the game in the ninth, but this home plate ump is not going to be on the Yankees Christmas Card list.

Trevino took ball 4 AND ball 5 on that AB in the 8th (although I didn't agree with pinch-hitting him for Wells there), and Judge's at-bat in the 9th was doomed, as soon as that first pitch, which was low and away, was called a strike.

That's why Judge goes into these funks sometimes. When they call that pitch a strike, he either has to take it, and that leads to the strikeouts, or swing at it, and he can't put a good swing on something like that.

Bad non-send by Rojas in the first inning. I think Verdugo would have been safe at the plate.

Last edited:
Elevator Arrow Down once again.

Cortes served up bullets all night. Lots of hard hit balls. You think you could make an adjustment on Diaz? Unbelievable how bad he is on the road. Another starter putting the team behind early. Boone said his stuff was good. What? Stop making f*cking excuses. He was horrible.

The last Torres at bat is another reason why he sucks. With a 2-0 count, he swings at ball 3. With a 3-1 count, he swings at ball 4. Get his ass off this team once and for all. Please.

I agree I would rather have Wells hitting than Trevino, but Trevino really got screwed by the plate umpire.

Judge is in one of those spells now where he is just a regular player. Yanks can't affored him to be ordinary.

1 for 9 with RISP! This team is just horrible plating runs. 2nd and 3rd with no outs in the 1st, Yanks get nothing. So typical. Chance to jump on a team on the road. Pathetic.

I'm expecting a sweep by the Orioles since they're coming off a sweep by the Cubs. It's the Yankees way to give a struggling team a lifeline.

Yanks 2 in front of the Red Sux in the loss column. By the break, they will have overtaken the Yanks. Just unbelievable.

Elevator Arrow Down once again.

Cortes served up bullets all night. Lots of hard hit balls. You think you could make an adjustment on Diaz? Unbelievable how bad he is on the road. Another starter putting the team behind early. Boone said his stuff was good. What? Stop making f*cking excuses. He was horrible.

The last Torres at bat is another reason why he sucks. With a 2-0 count, he swings at ball 3. With a 3-1 count, he swings at ball 4. Get his ass off this team once and for all. Please.

I agree I would rather have Wells hitting than Trevino, but Trevino really got screwed by the plate umpire.

Judge is in one of those spells now where he is just a regular player. Yanks can't affored him to be ordinary.

1 for 9 with RISP! This team is just horrible plating runs. 2nd and 3rd with no outs in the 1st, Yanks get nothing. So typical. Chance to jump on a team on the road. Pathetic.

I'm expecting a sweep by the Orioles since they're coming off a sweep by the Cubs. It's the Yankees way to give a struggling team a lifeline.

Yanks 2 in front of the Red Sux in the loss column. By the break, they will have overtaken the Yanks. Just unbelievable.
Not to defend Torres, but those bad calls on Trevino in the 8th, might very well have played into his decision to swing at those pitches. I know I shouldn't, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, there.

Forecast for Baltimore tomorrow night is not good, FWIW. May have to play 2 on Saturday.

Not to defend Torres, but those bad calls on Trevino in the 8th, might very well have played into his decision to swing at those pitches. I know I shouldn't, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, there.

Forecast for Baltimore tomorrow night is not good, FWIW. May have to play 2 on Saturday.
If there is anyone that has earned the benefit of the doubt it's Torres 🤪

double, double, toil and a loss
first inning 2 on, no outs, via a double * no runs.
nestor giving up a bunch of doubles - 5 runs.
game ends as 2 fine rays fielding plays strand 2 yank runners in one run loss.
i actually let out a scream when i thought the fielder dropped that last out.
glad this board is stating the yanks continually swinging at ball 3 or 4.
soto/$99 with too many walks. is it because stanton not there as protection?
bight spot ben - producing, while rest of sticks sleeping.

Back