Yankees 2024 Season

And I was proud of myself for finding the game on the Roku channel only to nearly throw the Roku remote through the TV!

Don't forget Clay Holmes' part in this disaster! Despite his stats he is NOT a good closer. A good closer is not a ground ball pitcher with poor control. He now leads the league with 6 blown saves.
No doubt Holmes leaves a lot to be desired but today he produced what should have been 4 outs to end the game and get the save and yet he still didn’t get out of the inning.

No doubt Holmes leaves a lot to be desired but today he produced what should have been 4 outs to end the game and get the save and yet he still didn’t get out of the inning.
Holmes gave up 2 hits and two walks in the 9th inning. Sure Volpe made an error and Verdugo should have been charged with one, but Holmes letting all the runners on base is what cost us the game in my opinion. Unfortunately, this is what I have come to expect from him.

Elevator Arrow Down.

That is this team. Up and down, without the abilty to get any positive momentum going.

Another in a long line of brutal losses for this team. Shoddy defensive play was the major issue today.

But Rodon going only 4 innings with 98 pitches forces everyone in the bullpen to be perfect for 5 innings, a tough ask and task. And he had to be able to keep Henderson in the oark lefty on lefty. Another bad start by him.

I don't like Kahnle at all as he's a one trick pony with the changeup and misses far too often over the plate resulting in damage.

Isn't it interesting that the 2 guys who made fielding misplays are struggling at the plate as well. And Boone says they don't take it out to the field on defense.

Hard to win when your 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 batters go 1 for 16. Awful.

Holmes needs to be better obviously, but the Yanks still win if Volpe makes that play.

Yankees take pitcher Ben Haas from the University of Alabama with their first round pick, #26 overall.

I know one poster on here, who's happy about this selection.

Yankees take pitcher Ben Haas from the University of Alabama with their first round pick, #26 overall.

I know one poster on here, who's happy about this selection.
But I couldn’t pick him out of a line-up of 2 even if the other guy was a celebrity.

They finally got some moment and then that horrible loss before the break.

Baltimore could get that lead back up to 5 games in the next couple of weeks unless this team plays...

Next 4 series:

4 vs the Rays, 2 vs the Muttsies (Gil and Cole vs Peterson and Manaea) and then 3 at the Sox and right before the deadline 3 at the Phighting Phils.

Baltimore plays Texas, Miami, SD at home and Toronto at home.

game 99.
the first 2 innings were agita time. 2 runners stranded each inning.
then volpe blew it open.
the big 3 did their thing. cole, $99 and soon to be a dodger.
cole has finished his spring training . and hopefully on his way to a 10 week mini cy season.
$99 continuing a mvp season. get him some lineup protection now.
soon to be a dodger added $30 million more to his dodger contract with this game.
sevy is correct. yanks have a 2 bat lineup. but 2 great bats

Only thing more disgraceful than the Yankees today is the USA men's basketball team who are down 58-44 at halftime to South Sudan (a directional school 🤣).

Elevator definitely Down today.

Horrible effort. This team can't get any positive momentum going. It's going to be a long 2nd half of the season.

3 more GIDPs, and a bunch of groundouts to 1B.

Idiot Boone still thinks he's seeing good ABs from the team. Geez, are DJLM and Verdugo bad. How does a guy who hit doubles off the wall in Boston regress so much here? Give Cabrera a chance at 3rd.

Cortes serving up BP to the Rays once again.

Disappointing team. Even Judge couldn't give them an early lead in the 1st inning.

Last edited:
Back