Yankees 2024 Season

Disagree about Judge. He needs to swing at the first good pitch he sees (because thar might be all he gets) and many times, that's the first one.

The guy who gave up the homer to him Tuesday night admitted afterwards that he grooved the first one in there. He figured Judge would automatically take down by 2, and that with an easy strike, he could work the corners.

As an aside, the all-star break being a week later than last year, really hurts this team right now. They could probably use the four days away to reset, if nothing else.
Fair, but disagree. When you're going good, that works. When you're struggling mightily like they are, patience may be the best tonic. TBH, they're so poorly built even Soto can't help them.

Fair, but disagree. When you're going good, that works. When you're struggling mightily like they are, patience may be the best tonic. TBH, they're so poorly built even Soto can't help them.
The hardest thing in sports is to learn to “just play”, not to overthink it, but to put into the games with concentrated focus what you have practiced over and over again. The worst thing a hitter as great as Judge is can do is to get twisted around a flagpole taking what he feels is a hittable pitch. Many times a pitcher who is having control issues may very well groove a pitch; I want the best hitter in baseball swinging, not thinking.
And for the record, I enjoy your “frustrated fan” posts because I am exactly the same “classic second guessing” ranter myself for the Johnnies and the Mets, my two deeply emotional favorite teams. I frequently cringe when I reread some of my in-game SJ posts.

I have never seen any player, other than Judge, that regularly get screwed on balls and strikes. The umps strike zones are inconsistent, and huge. Both high and low, inside and outside. Let's consider doing away with umps and turn it over to machines.

Trade deadline approaches and we need help.
If help were available in the minors we would have called them up already.
If these prospects are not good enough to be promoted why would we think they would be attractive to another team in a trade?

Trade deadline approaches and we need help.
If help were available in the minors we would have called them up already.
If these prospects are not good enough to be promoted why would we think they would be attractive to another team in a trade?
Dominguez and Perrira might very well be the real deal, but they are both hurt. They are our two best AAA postion players prospects.

Jones is only in AA, I believe. He probably needs more seasoning.

Boston:
Duran CF
Refsnyder RF
O'Neill LF
Devers 3B
Wong C
Gonzalez 1B
Yoshida DH
Valdez 2B
Rafaela SS

YANKEES:
Rice 1B
Soto RF
Judge DH
Verdugo LF
Torres 2B
Wells C
Volpe SS
Grisham CF
LeMahieu 3B

When the Yanks were up going into the 9th, I said to my wife, "Even if the Yanks win, it feels like a loss".

Why? The bullshit, ridiculous and consistent lack of fundamentals and discipline. The stupidass baserunning by Volpe (of all people), Rice (almost) and DJLM, not running hard on one play, and not getting into a rundown on the Volpe play, which cost a run. Volpe used the excuse of a foul ball. I love him, but that is a bullshit excuse by a heady player. It's simply a lack of hustle.

Then there's the porous defense, which somehow didn't hurt them, but continues unabated. Cabrera not catching a throw, and Weaver badly throwing to 2nd base on a pick off.

Cortes deserved better. He pitched well. Holmes gets 2 quick outs and can't close it. We've seen this picture before.

Let's face it. The Yankees runs were gift wrapped by the Red Sux. Yankees were 2 of 11 with RISP.
Nothing from Judge and Verdugo tonight.

Boone is nervous, and his job shoukd be on the line. He was jumpy in the postgame. Of course, he had no answers and said DJLM was hustling when it was clear he was not. Shut down the reporter because the reporter was right. Boone said he talked to Volpe and Volpe understands. Understands what! There is clearly a deficiency in the attention to details on this team.

I'll beat a dead horse. This team needs a different voice in the dugout. This team sucks right now. And it has nothing to do with who is not on the team.

As long as people attend games, and the Yanks make money, there is no incentive to make the necessary changes.

Cole struggled through the 1st 3 innings. A bunch of bloopers by the Red Sux. Why pitch to Devers with 2 outs and an open base? That's Boone ball. Idiot.

Good win today on a day our Ace was not.

Huge day by Rice obviously.

This team is the ultimate Elevator, up and down, more down recently.

Will tomorrow night be an Up arrow?

Back