Yankees 2024 Season

Nice opening series win. It's agita time when Holmes is in. Going to have to improve this spot on the team. He is not the answer.

In all fairness, nice defensive game by Torres, of all people. Solid 6 innings for Cortes.

Hoping The Captain is OK, and Cole delivers today.

Baltimore:
Henderson SS
Rutschman C
Mountcastle 1B
O'Hearn DH
Santander RF
Cowser LF
Mullins CF
Urias 3B
Mateo 2B

YANKEES:
Volpe SS
Soto RF
Stanton DH
Verdugo LF
Torres 2B
LeMahieu 3B
Rice 1B
Trevino C
Grisham CF

Of course, the Orioles get the benefit of throwing high and inside last night by Judge not being in the lineup for a big series.

Meanwhile, Yankees let this Maury Povich pitcher off the ropes the first 2 innings by not being able to hit with RISP. And the plate umpire helped too with the called 3rd stike that was a ball on DJLM.

Why did Cole only throw 62 pitches tonight when he threw more in the minors? Marinaccio is horrible. Gives it up just like that. And then an error on a play he never should have made. Cole still should have been in the game.

What is it with these Yankees pitchers and catchers nor being able to defend the opponent's running game? It is beyond out of contol.

Is it just me, or has Soto not had a big hit in weeks?

This team is deader than a door knob. Boring to watch right now. Lucky they won last night because this would be a 4 game losing streak.

You would think that Cole's return would provide a spark. Not happening.

So Judge must be hurting to not pinch hit for Grisham with 2 outs and bases loaded in the 6th.

Jones pinch hits and swings at the first pitch after the Orioles pitcher had walked Trevino on 4 pitches. HTF does that happen? Just plain stupid baseball.

Gonzalez hits Henderson. Good for him. Only problem was he didn't hit him on his hands. 🤣

Soto just played an out into a double and error, with a run scoring after yet another stolen base by the Orioles. Friggin horrible. Dead team.

This bullpen is also just as horrible right now.

I don't know if it's the Prime telecast or what, but Yankees swings seem late tonight.

7th inning. 4 measly hits, including 2 questionable ones in the 7th. Geez. Guaranteed The Statue strikes out here.

Wow, The Statue does it again!

While Soto doesn't. Hmmmmm.

BTW, phenomenal catch by Verdugo to keep 3 runs off the bases in the top of the 9th.

Can Torres be a hero? Guess not. He strikes out.

Friggin Holmes. He has been terrible lately. He's pitching like a scared reliever, nibbling on the outside corner.

Again Trevino throws the ball into left field. The little leaguers have returned. This is a real problem now.

This Urias seems to be a pain to the Yankees.

Is there one more rally in the Yanks?

And that's the ball game. HTF do you run Cabrera there? Orioles execute when they have to. Trevino shit the bed. Shitty loss. Yanks are better with Ausmus managing.

Yankees bullpen killing them. I thought Holmes was a ground ball pitcher? Not seeing much of that these days.

3 errors against your top opponent will kill you every time.

Boone with all the excuses for Yankees miscues, especially with regards to Trevino's struggles.

I don't get the Cole situation at all. If he can't go 6 innings, why wasn't he stretched out in the minors? You cannot expect this horrific bullpen to get 12 to 15 outs a game. Every starter but Cortes has been unable to go more than 5. Hopefully Gil can give the Yankees 7 tomorrow.

BTW, get rid of Todd Frazier. Not a fan.

paging doctor frankenstein. paging doctor Frankenstein. patch up the martian with any spare parts.
jones is terrible. bases loaded, 2 outs, he makes out. next at bat, he hits the ball one foot and catcher tags him out
the game ends with jones taking a called 3rd strike. it should have been $99 instead of jones.
how can i get my allstar vote back - can i steal it - as i voted for trevino ?
the last dozen or so games, the yanks pen seems more suited for the turlet department at lowes than on the pitching rubber.

Back