Yankees 2024 Season

Judge took to long to get rid of ball should have thrown him out at third. Most major league outfielders are clueless on how to approach a fly ball to get into their throwing motion and their motions take too long to get rid of it. Guess they don’t like fielding practice. Heck we practiced that in little league and sandlot baseball.

Judge took to long to get rid of ball should have thrown him out at third. Most major league outfielders are clueless on how to approach a fly ball to get into their throwing motion and their motions take too long to get rid of it. Guess they don’t like fielding practice. Heck we practiced that in little league and sandlot baseball.
Bet ya he thought ahhh he won't run on me, he knows who I am.
Surprise surprise buddy.

and wtf happened to our starting pitching? They were doing great, then go to Fenway and they suck except for Gil? Makes me sick.

8-3, Yanks make me sick and Boston isn't even that good WTFFFFFFF.

I'm out, see ya after Labor day, just not finding sports as fun as it used to be.

So a lost weekend in Boston. Typical. Embarrassing. Hate these Saturday and Sunday day night games. Yanks just gave life to a lifeless team.

Thank God the Yankees are killing the AL Central division, because they'd be far behind the Orioles if not for that.

Red Sux showed no respect for Yankees pitchers, catchers or outfielders. Ran rough shod on the Yankees. Pathetic. Pitchers need to do a better job keeping opponent's off the bases.

Just as concerning is another Yankees pitcher barely going 5 innings. That has to be a concern going forward, especially with the upcoming schedule.

Torres has to go. A continual liability at the plate. I said they should have traded him last winter when he had value. Now they'll be lucky to get a bag of balls for him. He is utterly horrible right now. Boone thinks Torres is swinging the bat well. WTF. Clueless Boone.

35 strikeouts in 3 games by Yankees batters.

Boone of course left Stroman in too long. If Stroman is not getting calls on the edges, he is a different, not very effective pitcher.

And here come the Orioles!!

Rizzo out 4-6 weeks with a fractured right forearm (he bats and throws lefty, which is probably why this is not a season-ender).

Ben Rice being called up in his place. Good move, IMO, since Rice is left-handed. Even with all of Rizzo's struggles, I liked that he helped bring balance to the lineup.

Pitching matchups for Baltimore series:

Tuesday (7:05 PM) - Suarez (3-0, 1.61) vs. Cortes (3-5, 3.59). Note that Suarez's longest outing this year is 5 2/3 innings. He's made 7 starts, and 7 relief apperances.

Wednesday (7:05 PM) - Povich (0-1, 4.76) vs. Cole (Season Debut). Povich has only made two starts. His first was terrible, but he went 6 shutout innings the second time.

Thursday (4:05 PM) - Irvin (6-3, 3.03) vs. Gil (9-1, 2.03). Note the unusual start time.

This is a series that they have to win, given the pitching matchups. No excuses. Stars have to deliver. Find a way to keep Torres out of the lineup. Figures the friggin Red Sux bad play at 1B costs us Rizzo for 6 weeks.

Baltimore:
Westburg 3B
Rutschman DH
Mountcastle 1B
Henderson SS
Santander RF
Hayes LF
Mateo 2B
Cowser CF
McCann C

YANKEES:
Volpe SS