Welcome Kadary Richmond!

Totally believable that he wanted to be here right after Syracuse. He definitely wanted to be here during this past season.

Seems like his weird people turned out to be shrewd people because even though everyone on both sides knew he wanted to be here, he still managed to get every penny he wanted.

He'll earn a ton more in future if he listens to RP and plays nice with Smith.

Electric days ahead!

Now the real pain begins, Danny boy.

500x0.jpg
“Danny, your boy’s going down and there’s nothing you can do about it” - Name the movie

Here is the last thing I will say about SHU and their fans. Because i do have sympathy for them on this and I think Sha will fight like heck to havce his team competitive going forward.

But this silly notion that the only reason Kadary left was for NIL, they can't bring themselves to the fact that maybe just maybe guys including Kadary transfer for other reasons. If you were to listen to them they would have the greatest roster if not for NIL. Every top kid would want to transfer or commit to SHU but not for NIL. NIL is important but if you listen to them it is everything. There is no other explanation.

They couldn't get Posh who committed to Dayton for crying out loud. Their first response is a huge NIL deal? Really? From Dayton who literally lost a number of key players has enough NIL to outbid a BE school. It doesn't occur to them that maybe just maybe not everyone who ultimately chooses a school other than SHU is doing it soley for NIL purposes.

9 kids went into the Portal. Are you telling me they have NO NIL to keep a few of them? I know for a fact they were ready to break the bank (offer him more than SJU) for Kadary especially after Davis left and he still went into the Portal and left.

Here is the last thing I will say about SHU and their fans. Because i do have sympathy for them on this and I think Sha will fight like heck to havce his team competitive going forward.

But this silly notion that the only reason Kadary left was for NIL, they can't bring themselves to the fact that maybe just maybe guys including Kadary transfer for other reasons. If you were to listen to them they would have the greatest roster if not for NIL. Every top kid would want to transfer or commit to SHU but not for NIL. NIL is important but if you listen to them it is everything. There is no other explanation.

They couldn't get Posh who committed to Dayton for crying out loud. Their first response is a huge NIL deal? Really? From Dayton who literally lost a number of key players has enough NIL to outbid a BE school. It doesn't occur to them that maybe just maybe not everyone who ultimately chooses a school other than SHU is doing it soley for NIL purposes.

9 kids went into the Portal. Are you telling me they have NO NIL to keep a few of them? I know for a fact they were ready to break the bank (offer him more than SJU) for Kadary especially after Davis left and he still went into the Portal and left.
I haven’t looked up the SH players who defected but , Holloway has only Coached there 2 years .
I’m thinking a few of those Players might have been on the team when Willard was the Coach .
I believe he was the Coach when Richmond left Syracuse .

The Portal has triggered much of this NIL transfer exit and until the NCAA gets some sort of controls in place , the exodus will continue

Richmond is a fine Player . No one disputes that . Is he a NBA player ?
That’s a different question . He’s going to be 23 years old before the season starts . He has played several years in highly competitive ACC and BE but , seemingly hasn’t been pursued by the NBA. That doesn’t diminish his abilities but , does RP get him to that level or , just fine tune his skills for overseas ?

Wouldn’t surprise me if Dayton had more NIL$ than Seton Hall. Didn’t Seton Hall spurn Posh last year? I can see why he wouldn’t want to come this year.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Dayton had more NIL$ than Seton Hall. Didn’t Seton Hall spurn Posh last year? I can see why he wouldn’t want to come this year.
First off I am not convinced that is true, also not sure how much Posh commands on the open market.

Let's assume it is true, then SHU has much bigger problems than losing a kid to SJU.

I understand the fervor of our fans about bringing Richmond on board but , expecting him to be a huge upgrade over last year’s team is a bit over the top .
Kadary averaged a little over 15 points a game , about 7 rebounds and 5 assists. He was named to the All BE 1st team and rightly so.

But , our great PG Jenkins , named to 2 nd team All BE , averaged 14 points plus , about 4 rebounds and 5 assists per game .

Richmond is bigger than Jenkins for sure and will fit on our team .
Jenkins shot 46 percent from 2 pt field goal range last season and was basically Pitino on the Court . Jenkins is a better mid range shooter than Kadary and his leadership will be missed.

So , for all intents and purposes getting Richmond is basically a push replacing Jenkins .

RP had Jenkins for 2 years , 1 at Iona and 1 here . Throughout the season , Pitino could not have been more effusive about the play of Jenkins .

Jenkins did not have a guard the equal of Smoth to play with and that should be evident as the season unfolds .

I understand the fervor of our fans about bringing Richmond on board but , expecting him to be a huge upgrade over last year’s team is a bit over the top .
Kadary averaged a little over 15 points a game , about 7 rebounds and 5 assists. He was named to the All BE 1st team and rightly so.

But , our great PG Jenkins , named to 2 nd team All BE , averaged 14 points plus , about 4 rebounds and 5 assists per game .

Jenkins shot 46 percent from 2 pt field goal range last season and was basically Pitino on the Court . Jenkins is a better mid range shooter than Kadary and his leadership will be missed.

So , for all intents and purposes getting Richmond is basically a push replacing Jenkins .

RP had Jenkins for 2 years , 1 at Iona and 1 here . Throughout the season , Pitino could not have been more effusive about the play of Jenkins .

Jenkins did not have a guard the equal of Smoth to play with and that should be evident as the season unfolds .
Richmond is a much better rebounder and defender than Daniss. He very much deserved his first team Big East selection.

KR is not replacing Jenkins, Smith is. KR is replacing Dingle.

This should give us three guys (Smith, KR and RJ) in the starting five who can create for themselves and others ( a healthy wiser RJ on the “create for others” part).They will have to learn how to do it together and if they do, this will be a fun and exciting team.

Last edited:
Kadary's a lot better than Jenkins, Smith should be a better fit than Dingle on Day 1, and Wilcher as a soph will be much better than Wilcher as a frosh. Glover adds even more depth that we simply didn't have last year.
Are you expecting more from Glover than we got from Nahiem?

Back