UConn Makes Us Want to ... Hurl

Alex D. I mean Mullins Revenge is scared 🤣!

How will your program recover (you won a National Championship with Ollie but the fans stop showing up afterwards) and can your rain man fans wait till end of my blackjack game at Mohegan.$50 table these people killing me. It’s worse when you see them sit down with pizza tomato sauce all over there shirts from Sally’s.

Sounds like Uconn has an offer on the table. Could be looking at 10 mill a year for Hurley.

Gotta love using the lakers to get the salary you want from your current employer. Nice job, Danny!

Never thought I’d type this but on this one he’s right. Hurley leaving weakens the league significantly at a very bad time.
It does weaken the league, absolutely, but some people (like me) hate Uconn and their fans enough that I’d prefer they lose hurley.

And I’m confident that the big East has enough good coaches in this league that we will be fine as a conference regardless

I’m also confident that uconn itself will continue to be a good team. I just don’t think they will be AS dominant, which I am all for cause I’m tired of losing to them

It does weaken the league, absolutely, but some people (like me) hate Uconn and their fans enough that I’d prefer they lose hurley.

And I’m confident that the big East has enough good coaches in this league that we will be fine as a conference regardless
Winning national championships is what has really moved the needle for Big East and guys like Wright and potentially Hurley are obviously hard to replace in that regard. Agree other HCs in BE are talented, but replacing two super stars has to be a challenge.

The ramifications for the BE TV deal will be very interesting. Hurley vs. Pitino is box office, as is Hurley vs. most coaches. We are really getting to an inflection point with the SEC and B10 separating themselves from the rest of the pack, so I totally agree with logen that we should all be rooting for him to be staying.

We need the BE to be as strong as ever, not lose signature coaches so we can maybe be Big East favorites for a couple of years.

IMO, will be hard for Hurley to turn down a HC job with the Lakers. People like him are ego/power driven and the $$$/salary at this level matter less. Hopefully like most east coasters he is embedded here geographically and has disdain for the LA lifestyle. I hope he stays as its better for the conference.

Back