UConn Makes Us Want to ... Hurl

I like Fanta's style and he is an SJUBB supporter, but I agree with you here...
Hey two in a row is two in a row, and they certainly have loaded up again, but I see no way to think they have the best roster going into next year. 1 returning starter.

Hey two in a row is two in a row, and they certainly have loaded up again, but I see no way to think they have the best roster going into next year. 1 returning starter.
Last year they only returned 2 starters and blasted through the NCAA tournament. Lets not act they returned the majority of their roster.

Hurley could take the job, flame out in 2 years, get paid 40 million, and then go take the best college job available. Thats the beauty of a college coach taking on the nba challenge. It doesn’t lessen your value as a college coach no matter how bad you do.

Hurley could take the job, flame out in 2 years, get paid 40 million, and then go take the best college job available. Thats the beauty of a college coach taking on the nba challenge. It doesn’t lessen your value as a college coach no matter how bad you do.
Bingo.

Just using your post to reply to all these $ rationales, like that is all that life is about. Danny has already made more money than the unbelievably vast majority of people will ever approach. He has obviously had amazing success at UConn, evidently he and his family love it there and going to the Lakers and having the option to return to college if it doesn’t work far from guarantees he and his family will find that level of satisfaction upon the return. I have absolutely no horse in the race in relation to his decision but I can guarantee you and others that obviously $ will play a part but I would think convincing his wife to move to the west coast, you know quality of family life, will be the deciding factor, just my opinion.

Just using your post to reply to all these $ rationales, like that is all that life is about. Danny has already made more money than the unbelievably vast majority of people will ever approach. He has obviously had amazing success at UConn, evidently he and his family love it there and going to the Lakers and having the option to return to college if it doesn’t work far from guarantees he and his family will find that level of satisfaction upon the return. I have absolutely no horse in the race in relation to his decision but I can guarantee you and others that obviously $ will play a part but I would think convincing his wife to move to the west coast, you know quality of family life, will be the deciding factor, just my opinion.
Is it a guarantee he keeps this level of success at UConn?

Or you can go in the witness protection program and be irrelevant for 15 years like Billy Donovan. Billy went from one of the brighest stars in the sport to a ghost by going to the nba.

Or you can go in the witness protection program and be irrelevant for 15 years like Billy Donovan. Billy went from one of the brighest stars in the sport to a ghost by going to the nba.
A ghost? Stop it. You are being downright silly now.

He has turned down a number of good college jobs because they cannot come close to the money and lifestyle the NBA has to offer.

You know Billy has had chances to come back to college right?
I am sure he did. But he was probably seduced by the money and settled on being an irrelevant, mediocre nba coach rather then the brightest star in his sport.

The same will happen to Hurley in that Laker dysfunction. Which is why he will not do it.

Id rather make real good money and be the best at what I do then make ridiculous money and be a nobody.

Is it a guarantee he keeps this level of success at UConn?
There are no guarantees in life but it’s not like he doesn’t have real experiences, relationships and familiarities with UConn or don’t those mean anything to you in your decision making? Guarantees are pipe dreams for fools, they don’t exist.

A ghost? Stop it. You are being downright silly now.

He has turned down a number of good college jobs because they cannot come close to the money and lifestyle the NBA has to offer.
Im saying that 15 years ago, Billy Donovan was a national star. As of today, hardly anyone even knows where he is.

Donovan had a chance to be maybe the greatest coach in college history and settled to be a mediocre nba coach who has done nothing on the court in 15 years.

But the money is great. Good for him.

Back