Transfer Portal

If Posh played for Creighton this year he might have been all league, being surrounded by good shooters where he wouldn’t have been relied on to provide scoring from outside.
Playing for Anderson who put no importance on shooting skills surrounded Posh with very few offensive skilled players his first two years was bad enough but moving him to shooting guard this year to make room for Curbelo destroyed any chance SJU was going to have a successful season and ruined Poshs season as well.

I am perplexed by this Posh talk. I, like Stephen A, think there is a lot of positive in RP coming out and saying, hey, we need to make some major adjustments. He's being open and honest. However, fans getting on here and making as many negative comments about a 3 years starter, who has been a loyal team member, comes across as ungrateful.
I wish Posh the best wherever he lands but I think his experience in the BE and his time being a major cog on the team, make him a valuable asset to the program. I hope he stays. I hope Rick helps him redefine who he is as a player because to be honest I really think the crazy rotating rosters and lack of any thing resembling an organized offense this season didn't help him.

We See You Asian American GIF by GIPHY News

a bunch of us to Posh the last few days :ROFLMAO:

Once again, Wright is wrong. 🙂
No
And again I like Posh
Historically Pitino likes his point guards to be an offensive threat. If a defensive point guard who struggled to create offense was his Providence point guard they never make that run and who knows what becomes of Pitino.
If you can’t follow that logic….

Actually Soriano really not a Pitino fit. But no one throws away 15 &12 so Rick going to adjust. Soriano has shown to have the ability to pass, though last year there weren’t many shooters to kick out to. I bet you see Soriano surrounded by shooters next year.

I know we all have a soft spot for Posh but he does not fit with Pitinos system he wants a better shooter. I will root hard for posh wherever he goes but I think it is better for us and for himself if he moves on.
As I posted earlier, Pitino won a national championship starting a pair of guys who were listed at 6’0, Peyton Siva and Russ Smith. Russ Smith was a decent shooter at 34.5% from three, 41.3% from the field, and 76% from the line for his career.

Siva was not a good shooter. He averaged 29.1% from three, 41.7% from the field, and 73.7% from the line for his career.

Posh for his career is 25% from three, 45.2% from the field, and 73.2% from the line. As a freshman, Posh shot 29.9% from three (with his most attempts).

To add, Smith and Siva were particularly bad from three the year they won it all with 32.8% and 28.8%, respectively. Posh could easily hit those marks with a decent coach.

I know we all have a soft spot for Posh but he does not fit with Pitinos system he wants a better shooter. I will root hard for posh wherever he goes but I think it is better for us and for himself if he moves on.
Pitino played some of the worst shooters in basketball history at Louisville........ Because they played incredible defense... I keep saying this.. You guys expecting Pitinos teams to light it up from three are in for a shock... Pitino likes shooters but he hates average defenders.. He is a Defense First Head Coach.. Defense means 95 % importance to Pitino.. Your shooting ability is 5 %

More from Zach, sounds good:

St. John's assistant Taliek Brown is seeing recent Providence decommit Garwey Dual, a top-100 prospect, and one-time Notre Dame signee Brady Dunlap, according to a source.
Wow, not sure we'll be able to lure a SoCal kid, but if you can land a good shooter from California's Open Division state champs, I'd say that's a huge pickup.

“This last year my high school team went 33-2,” Dunlap said. “Every game we played we were expected to win because we were that level of a team and that is what I want. I want a winning culture. I want a culture where all the players want to win. I am not in college to have fun. I want to be around people who want to win games, want to get better, and ultimately want to get to the next level. That kind of family is what I am looking for and obviously, education is important.”

I sure several are hoping for some unseasonably cold and rainy weather in Gainesville this weekend.
Florida coming off a losing season, with a brand new coach vs stepping up to playing games at MSG for Pitino in the Big East, whom he already has played for and been successful under. It’s a no brainer.

Pitino played some of the worst shooters in basketball history at Louisville........ Because they played incredible defense... I keep saying this.. You guys expecting Pitinos teams to light it up from three are in for a shock... Pitino likes shooters but he hates average defenders.. He is a Defense First Head Coach.. Defense means 95 % importance to Pitino.. Your shooting ability is 5 %
How are we missing what we are being told? Its not about who cant shoot or who can play D. It is about who loves basketball and who has it as a #1 priority. Outside of Joel and Drissa and to an extent AJ Storr, Rick Pitino has been told that no other player exemplifies that.

Its that simple.

Back