Transfer Portal

I was so tired of watching a SJU team that couldn’t throw the ball in the ocean for the last four years that I was thrilled when Anderson was let go. The team would have one capable shooter at most on the court in crunch time and lost just about all close big east games.
Father Shanley makes maybe the best hire in SJU history and the posters are going to advise Pitino to keep the non shooters because they play hard?
As Bill Parcells said years ago “ you want me to cook the dinner, let me pick the groceries.”

I think Posh needs fresh start. Play for a coach that understands his strengths and puts him into a position to succeed. Posh and Pitino seems like shotgun marriage where there will be too much pressure on Posh to do things he is not good at, and that seemed to affect his overall game this season.

Heard some not so encouraging news in regard to Posh returning, but let's see how it plays out.
Have definitely gotten the totally uninformed sense that RP is unsure about Posh and wants to move on.
We shall see.

Heard some not so encouraging news in regard to Posh returning, but let's see how it plays out.
Judging by some of the discussion regarding who stays and who goes, whether the news is encouraging or not really depends on what side of the fence you're on.

I know we all have a soft spot for Posh but he does not fit with Pitinos system he wants a better shooter. I will root hard for posh wherever he goes but I think it is better for us and for himself if he moves on.

From Zach, re Clayton:

Iona star guard Walter Clayton Jr. tells me has an official visit to Florida beginning tomorrow. He will then visit St. John's next week. Really down to those two, either wants to follow Rick Pitino or go home. Said he will decide in the next few weeks.

I sure several are hoping for some unseasonably cold and rainy weather in Gainesville this weekend.

I know we all have a soft spot for Posh but he does not fit with Pitinos system he wants a better shooter. I will root hard for posh wherever he goes but I think it is better for us and for himself if he moves on.
I agree, but also think RP should and will have a Plan B if Clayton Jr pines for home.

In the next couple of weeks, there will be more names in the portal (probably some surprises) as more teams are eliminated from the NCAA Tournament and others who are not playing now continue to maul over whether to stay where they are or go elsewhere.

Berrick Jeanlouis. a guard 29 Minutes per game this past season for Iona. 26% from 3. A whopping 3% better than Posh this past season.

I bet if you go through every Rick Pitino coached team in history you can find a guard who played significant minutes who struggled to shoot. It is not uncommon in college bball.

I still feel the need to pushback on this idea that Rick's "system" is all guys who are good at shooting.

Theres still a place for Posh on the roster IMO

Berrick Jeanlouis. a guard 29 Minutes per game this past season for Iona. 26% from 3. A whopping 3% better than Posh this past season.

I bet if you go through every Rick Pitino coached team in history you can find a guard who played significant minutes who struggled to shoot. It is not uncommon in college bball.

I still feel the need to pushback on this idea that Rick's "system" is all guys who are good at shooting.

If you replaced Billy Donovan with Posh, no one would have ever heard of Rick Pitino.

TBH kind of feel sorry for those of you who feel compelled to speculate whether some of our most loyal kids won’t be invited back. If that happens so be it but I’ll be goddamned if I’m going to root for it.

Back