Transfer Portal 2022

You have to respect Butler - another great coaching hire. They know how to run a basketball program. They will be good again quickly.

Moving to the ACC was the biggest mistake they ever made.

Funny story about that...

My buddy's wife is a BC alum, and at the time of the move (which was super unpopular among the BC alumni base) the BC admin sent out a letter to all alumns justifying the move. One of the reasons they used for the move was "the sharing of library resources" among ACC member schools. BC is of course in the same town as Harvard and MIT - which probably have fairly adequate library resources to share. (But of course, how can the Harvard library compare to Clemson?...)

I have not been able to keep up with the comings and goings of the 2022 transfer portal.

I would appreciate if someone could give their opinion regarding which Big East teams (besides StJ's) were the winners in this year's portal, and which schools were the losers.

Thanks.

I can’t think of a BE team that’s been hurt by the transfer portal this go around except for DePaul. Butler, x, uconn, creighton, all got a legitimate starter. Providence killed it. Seton hall has got a couple. Gtown too. And then there is us. Nova has been quiet but that’s nova. Poor DePaul. Marquette I can’t remember what they have done but they still have a chance to bring back their leading scorer.

I can’t think of a BE team that’s been hurt by the transfer portal this go around except for DePaul. Butler, x, uconn, creighton, all got a legitimate starter. Providence killed it. Seton hall has got a couple. Gtown too. And then there is us. Nova has been quiet but that’s nova. Poor DePaul. Marquette I can’t remember what they have done but they still have a chance to bring back their leading scorer.
Good summation. Big East is killing it.

Big East is going to be brutal next year. I think at minimum it's a 6 bid league, possibly get 7 or 8 in. Jon Rothstein has 7 BE teams in his pre-season top 45.

As of right now, I think the pre-season coaches poll would look like this...

1. Creighton
2. Villanova
3. Xavier
4. UConn
5. Providence
6. St. John's
7. Marquette
8. Seton Hall
9. Butler
10. DePaul
11. Georgetown

If Justin Lewis returns I could see them picking Marquette 6th and St. John's 7th. What's crazy is I could easily see 2nd-7th finishing in any random order and it wouldn't be surprising, very little separation.

Lots of shoes still to drop but this would be my way too early pre-season picks:

1. Creighton
2. Xavier
3. Villanova
4. Marquette (assuming Lewis returns)
5. St. John's
6. UCONN
7. Providence
8. Seton Hall
9. Butler
10. Georgetown
11. Depaul

I think UCONN will really miss Cole. I could easily flip SJU & UCONN but will go with my rooting interest. Could also flip Gtown & Butler.

Big East is going to be brutal next year. I think at minimum it's a 6 bid league, possibly get 7 or 8 in. Jon Rothstein has 7 BE teams in his pre-season top 45.

As of right now, I think the pre-season coaches poll would look like this...

1. Creighton
2. Villanova
3. Xavier
4. UConn
5. Providence
6. St. John's
7. Marquette
8. Seton Hall
9. Butler
10. DePaul
11. Georgetown

If Justin Lewis returns I could see them picking Marquette 6th and St. John's 7th. What's crazy is I could easily see 2nd-7th finishing in any random order and it wouldn't be surprising, very little separation.
This is about how I would have it as well.

I think Gtown will be a lottle better and SHU a spot lower.

PhavrePhan is doing the eye thing in reference to Earlington, hash tagging sjubb.

I personally think he's full of crap, but maybe others can chime in.

Back