Ticket Scandal

I am told by a source I deem reliable that Mr. Colleary's employment with St. John's terminated today.

Remember the name John Diffley.

By way of introduction, Diffley attended Albertus Magnus High School of Rockland, New York where he played on the soccer team from 1981 to 1984. He was a Parade High School All-American and was inducted into the Albertus Magnus Hall of Fame in 1998. In 1997, he moved to St. John's University where he served as an assistant coach with the men's soccer team while working on his master's degree in business administration. In 2001, Diffley gained his master's degree and left St. John's to work in the financial industry. On January 1, 2004, Diffley returned to St. John's when the school hired him as its Senior Associate Athletic Director for Administration.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/ncb/story/_/id/7580056/st-john-fires-associate-ad-brian-colleary-ticket-scam

St. John's associate AD fired

NEW YORK -- St. John's senior associate athletic director Brian Colleary has been fired over misappropriation of tickets.

Colleary, who was suspended without pay on Feb. 9, was let go Wednesday after an internal review found he was involved in "inappropriate activities" regarding tickets to events such as the Big East tournament. The school said in a statement that this was an isolated incident and that it has strengthened controls and policies.

Colleary, who had been athletic director at Marist and Duquesne, had been at St. John's for six years.

Otis,

Do you think Difley's the new AD? Will Monasch be let go because of this? Or does Difley take Colleary's role?

Thanks,

Diffley is rightfully held in high regards by the Administration.

Thanks Otis, I had the pleasure of being in graduate classes with John he is a very bright person, who is down to earth with no airs about him.

With Colleary making $80,000 in selling tickets and destroying good faith with Red and White members, how does the school rebuild faith with RW members?

JSJ and others in the RW? What would you do on saturday if you are Monasch as regards to addressing R and W members, how will the BET be handled etc?

Thanks,

Another source disputed that claim, saying the amount could have been in the neighborhood of $80,000 but the university wanted the matter dealt with in-house and quickly.

Read more:http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/coll..._staffer_hWHXBiI20cEhcuXaQCmfTK#ixzz1mZpEpXCU

If there is probable cause to believe that Mr. Colleary did what is alleged then I am at a loss to understand why St.John's would not seek prosecution.

Another source disputed that claim, saying the amount could have been in the neighborhood of $80,000 but the university wanted the matter dealt with in-house and quickly.

Read more:http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/coll..._staffer_hWHXBiI20cEhcuXaQCmfTK#ixzz1mZpEpXCU

If there is probable cause to believe that Mr. Colleary did what is alleged then I am at a loss to understand why St.John's would not seek prosecution.

Maybe because they don't want it dragged through the press. Think Lenn would let this one slide?

He cost them lots of lost memberships in R & W and also lost donations. It's a shame when someone gets away with this by only losing his job. If Otis or the other lawyers did this they would be disbarred in addition to losing their job or practice. 

I hope all of the other, good, hard-working people with the R-W Club are okay. They are fine representatives of our University. 

Back