Ticket Scandal

This does suck but honestly its a serious blip on the radar. Basketball stories garner more attention. This is in the papers for a day at best and then gone. Colleary is gone, maybe more will follow but its a blip on the radar.

I want to know if this means the season ticket holders get better seats now? I am off on the side and usually have to deal with opposing fans who sit next to me and surround me. I see tons of the other fans sitting courtside but st johns fans in the rear. I think this Colleary guy held tickets back to sell for his own benefit while making sure the st johns fans had to sit in the rear on the premise that we werent donating enough to the Red and White. I wonder how much the SU fans donate to the Red and White? Or maybe it is what they "donated" to Colleary that counts. This just is very upsetting.

After Bob Oliva, Bernie Fine, Sandusky, and so many others never say you know someone unless they are your flesh and blood and even there I would not be too bold to stake your life on them.

What do perverts have to do with this..?

Maybe that's why there were orange shirts in places there shouldnt have been for the SU game.

Like the team store at MSG, for instance lol. Not to get off-track here, but why is Syracuse allowed to sell their team gear at the MSG team store when ST JOHNS is renting out the garden??

Maybe that's why there were orange shirts in places there shouldnt have been for the SU game.

Like the team store at MSG, for instance lol. Not to get off-track here, but why is Syracuse allowed to sell their team gear at the MSG team store when ST JOHNS is renting out the garden??

Because MSG controls concessions. If STJ cared about it they would bake that into the negotiations when renting out the Garden. They haven't.

After Bob Oliva, Bernie Fine, Sandusky, and so many others never say you know someone unless they are your flesh and blood and even there I would not be too bold to stake your life on them.

What do perverts have to do with this..?

Patrick, it has to do with "character" and "trust". Two of the above have not been found guilty as yet and neither has Mr. C but I was responding to a previous post which you did not include that said the poster "knew" Mr. C and I was trying to point out, whether these men are perverts or not, that JoePa and Jim Boeheim knew them for more than 30 years.....yet...maybe they did not know them very well at all.
The fact that he was the subject of a sexual harassment suit during his AD years is very troubling, to say the least. Yes, it was settled quietly back then and buried, but the red flag was there with respect to his "character". In retrospect, it turned out to be a very bad hire by Chris Monasch.....almost on the scale as the Norm Roberts hire. Monasch has shown himself to be a poor judge of talent and as you know, had it not been for Mr. Repole's involvement, Mr. Monasch would have hired Mrs. Hewitt's husband. LOL!
Hope all is well in Chatham and best of luck with your team after the SHU-SJ game:)

Monasch has shown himself to be a poor judge of talent and as you know, had it not been for Mr. Repole's involvement, Mr. Monasch would have hired Mrs. Hewitt's husband. LOL!

Are you sure?

Monasch has shown himself to be a poor judge of talent and as you know, had it not been for Mr. Repole's involvement, Mr. Monasch would have hired Mrs. Hewitt's husband. LOL!

Are you sure?

I was being a bit sarcastic Gonzalo but if memory serves me SJ made Paul Hewitt an offer before hiring coach Lavin.

Are you sure?

I was being a bit sarcastic Gonzalo but if memory serves me SJ made Paul Hewitt an offer before hiring coach Lavin.

Correct you are 72 and had been turned down by others.

Because MSG controls concessions. If STJ cared about it they would bake that into the negotiations when renting out the Garden. They haven't.

One of the first rules of seeling is that you sell what people want to buy. If there was a strong demand for SJU stuff, MSG would sell it. As it is, at CA, the SJU apparel they sell is mostly junk. 

Canning monasch would be a good start.

They have to find him first! Our esteemed AD is in Asia on "business"........Asia.....Athletics.....Asia????

Swoosh

What a joke.
Hope he comes back quick.

Anyone else notice John Diffley sitting where monasch should have been?

Didn't know who that was. Interesting.

Monasch is away in China on business.
Colleary used to travel as well and he sat there previously.

They have to find him first! Our esteemed AD is in Asia on "business"........Asia.....Athletics.....Asia????

Swoosh

What a joke.

Did Colleary scalp his ticket to Diffley?

Swoosh

What a joke.

Did Colleary scalp his ticket to Diffley?

LOL! :lol: :lol:

I want to know if this means the season ticket holders get better seats now? I am off on the side and usually have to deal with opposing fans who sit next to me and surround me. I see tons of the other fans sitting courtside but st johns fans in the rear. I think this Colleary guy held tickets back to sell for his own benefit while making sure the st johns fans had to sit in the rear on the premise that we werent donating enough to the Red and White. I wonder how much the SU fans donate to the Red and White? Or maybe it is what they "donated" to Colleary that counts. This just is very upsetting.

I agree totally they should give any red&white member a good thorough explanation about seat location after this!
Will st.j's press charges? The tix are school property that he scalped instead of selling them to R&W members
The school seems to screw its loyal fans again :evil: :evil:

The point which someone else made in this thread is that if the allegations are true, Mr. Colleary may have cost St.John's thousands of dollars in lost contributions to the Red & White Club because members did not renew because they believe they did not get the bang for their membership buck since they got little advantage for ticket placements. 

The point which someone else made in this thread is that if the allegations are true, Mr. Colleary may have cost St.John's thousands of dollars in lost contributions to the Red & White Club because members did not renew because they believe they did not get the bang for their membership buck since they got little advantage for ticket placements. 

My guess is that in terms of policy, this did not affect Red/White or other season ticket holders. All sports teams have tickets earmarked as giveaways. Did you notice the increase this year, for example, in our basketball alumni announced during games , sometimes numbering as high as 15 or so. My strong guess is those tickets are all giveaways, as are tickets earmarked for family of players, coaches, and staff. The number is so large, that Colleary felt he could skim a little, interestingly enough, when demand was high (like Duke or BET). It's a lot easier to say no when its a game that most would figure would be a tough ticket.

It was policy to clear room behind the SJU bench, moving long time ticket holders for family of coaches and players. Colleary selling some of the primo seats wont change the policy of giveaways, which all sports team do.

Back