Ticket Scandal

Let's not jump to conclusions here. The article says he is "expected" to be place on leave pending an investigation. No announcement by SJU yet. This is a man's career and reputation we are talking about here. I doubt that any of the previous commentators even know Brian. I do know him and don't believe for a minute that he would be involved in anything illegal. Let's all wait until the facts come out.

Let's not jump to conclusions here. The article says he is "expected" to be place on leave pending an investigation. No announcement by SJU yet. This is a man's career and reputation we are talking about here. I doubt that any of the previous commentators even know Brian. I do know him and don't believe for a minute that he would be involved in anything illegal. Let's all wait until the facts come out.

Maybe not something illegal but stupid and selfish.
When you have a fan base that gives two squats about attending games at MSG, there is a whole lot of opportunity to market tickets. MSG does not give a crap as long as the seats are filled.
When you get visiting teams fans with choice home team seats it begs the question.....how?
After Bob Oliva, Bernie Fine, Sandusky, and so many others never say you know someone unless they are your flesh and blood and even there I would not be too bold to stake your life on them.

Daily News reports that his office has been cleaned out and his cell phone and email address closed and that the firing is a mere formality.

When you have a fan base that gives two squats about attending games at MSG, there is a whole lot of opportunity to market tickets. MSG does not give a crap as long as the seats are filled.
When you get visiting teams fans with choice home team seats it begs the question.....how?
After Bob Oliva, Bernie Fine, Sandusky, and so many others never say you know someone unless they are your flesh and blood and even there I would not be too bold to stake your life on them.

This type of scalping has happened from time to time and often the person cashing in think its victimless. The school has tickets to comp, to ex-players and anyone prominent wanting to go the the BET. So the person does some of that, and scalps the rest. He figures, the school was giving them away anyways, and no one else called, so let's have someone sit in the seat who wants to be there. In this day and age an electronic trail is easy to find, like a stubhub acocunt, etc. I'm guessing that as close as you are to him, you just can't say with certainty that he didn't do it.

WOW.. wait one minute; if Mr. Colleary did what is alleged then his acts are illegal and likely constitutes several felonies based upon the money he himself allegedly retained for himself, perhaps falsifying business records, etc.

If Mr. Colleary did what is alleged he did then he is a very- very stupid individual. No one will ever hire him.

By the way; the New York Daily News is reporting that he hass been suspended and his cell phone and e-mail account seized.

St. John's staffer Colleary placed on administrative leave

By LENN ROBBINS

Last Updated: 1:17 PM, February 10, 2012

Posted: 1:16 PM, February 10, 2012

Brian Colleary, St. John's Senior Associate Athletic Director for External Affairs/Finance, is expected to be placed on administrative leave today by the University as part of an investigation into allegations of widespread ticket scalping, sources told The Post.

The source said Coleary made thousands of dollars off the Big East men's basketball tournament at Madison Square Garden and last year's home game vs. Duke, also at MSG.

St. John's Director of Media Relations Dom Scianna said that Colleary remains an employee of the university and that the university does not comment on employment matters.

It is possible that Colleary's actions could affect Athletic Director Chris Monasch. A call to Monasch was not immediately returned.

Colleary's duties include overseeing all athletic annual and capital fundraising efforts as well as coordinating all athletic/alumni events. He is also responsible for coordinating any activities related to the Red White Club, the booster organization of St. John's athletics, according to the school's website.

Prior to coming to St. John's, Colleary served as the Director of Athletics for Duquesne University, Marist College and was the Assistant Athletic Director and head football coach for Iona college.

Read more:http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/coll...y_placed_VG5LT7y87rr0nIugaV2EvI#ixzz1m0Oq5hU2 

No wonder I had such shitty seats at the Big East Tournament last year.  :) 

In all seriousness though, I like Brian and hope that it is not true.

WOW.. wait one minute; if Mr. Colleary did what is alleged then his acts are illegal and likely constitutes several felonies based upon the money he himself allegedly retained for himself, perhaps falsifying business records, etc.

If Mr. Colleary did what is alleged he did then he is a very- very stupid individual. No one will ever hire him.

By the way; the New York Daily News is reporting that he hass been suspended and his cell phone and e-mail account seized.

Colleary is at retirement age. He was just about done anyways.

[quote="Beast of the East" post=19082

Colleary is .. just about done anyways.[/quote] 

He is done.

If he did as is alleged Mr. Colleaary is also a target for a civil lawsuit by St. John's.

LOL on the name change.

LOL on the name change.

There was no name change. When a post is quoted depending on what name was used when registering it will show up differently sometimes. This is the case here.

I have a funny feeling that this is the reason why St. John's athletic department staff and their friends are always in the student section at the big east tournament taking up tickets meant for the students. The seats where those people were supposed to be were probably sold by this clown. The pieces have finally been put together.

How long has Brian been getting away w/ this?
I know when I had my seats I could only purchase uppers for BE tourn.this explains alot of visiting fans taking over johnny home games in prime courtside seats D: .

WOW. I really think we are cursed! No lie when it rains it pours, as rcatalano said! 

Good grief, you can't make this stuff up. The way things are going, I'd imagine the Moe Hicks / Miami / Shapiro potential issue is going to peer its ugly head again real soon.

It just did. Thanks! ;)

In addition, I donated to the Red/White club last year online. I called because I never received any correspondence nor Red-White membership package. I was told Colleary was handling the Red-White stuff. I wonder if this was related or anybody else had any problems. Crazy stuff...

Back