Ticket Scandal

RM86

St. John's staffer Colleary placed on administrative leave

By LENN ROBBINS

Last Updated: 1:17 PM, February 10, 2012

Posted: 1:16 PM, February 10, 2012

Brian Colleary, St. John's Senior Associate Athletic Director for External Affairs/Finance, is expected to be placed on administrative leave today by the University as part of an investigation into allegations of widespread ticket scalping, sources told The Post.

The source said Coleary made thousands of dollars off the Big East men's basketball tournament at Madison Square Garden and last year's home game vs. Duke, also at MSG.

St. John's Director of Media Relations Dom Scianna said that Colleary remains an employee of the university and that the university does not comment on employment matters.

It is possible that Colleary's actions could affect Athletic Director Chris Monasch. A call to Monasch was not immediately returned.

Colleary's duties include overseeing all athletic annual and capital fundraising efforts as well as coordinating all athletic/alumni events. He is also responsible for coordinating any activities related to the Red White Club, the booster organization of St. John's athletics, according to the school's website.

Prior to coming to St. John's, Colleary served as the Director of Athletics for Duquesne University, Marist College and was the Assistant Athletic Director and head football coach for Iona college.

Read more:http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/coll...y_placed_VG5LT7y87rr0nIugaV2EvI#ixzz1m0Oq5hU2 

i'm a big time fan of the program, but i just smiled when i saw this... it's really quite perfect... this is laughable that this is happening on top of everything else we are enduring... Go Redmen! Go Redstorm! Go Johnies!

This is from the NY Post:

Brian Colleary, St. John's Senior Associate Athletic Director for External Affairs/Finance, is expected to be placed on administrative leave today by the University as part of an investigation into allegations of widespread ticket scalping, sources told The Post.

The source said Coleary made thousands of dollars off the Big East men's basketball tournament at Madison Square Garden and last year's home game vs. Duke, also at MSG.

St. John's Director of Media Relations Dom Scianna said that Colleary remains an employee of the university and that the university does not comment on employment matters.

It is possible that Colleary's actions could affect Athletic Director Chris Monasch. A call to Monasch was not immediately returned.

Colleary's duties include overseeing all athletic annual and capital fundraising efforts as well as coordinating all athletic/alumni events. He is also responsible for coordinating any activities related to the Red White Club, the booster organization of St. John's athletics, according to the school's website.

Prior to coming to St. John's, Colleary served as the Director of Athletics for Duquesne University, Marist College and was the Assistant Athletic Director and head football coach for Iona college.

Would this affect us with the NCAA? I would hope not, since no benefits were received to student athletes.

Why would the school make public, if Colleary retired/resigned no one bats an eyelash?

Is the Queens or Manhattan DA launching an investigation or is it just the school?

I really like Chris, I hope this does not affect his job status, I hope he was not in on this plan.

Any insiders out there with info on this?

Lol... I just have to laugh because things certainly have a way of just piling on at SJU... Crazy...

WOW. I really think we are cursed! No lie when it rains it pours, as rcatalano said! 

Good grief, you can't make this stuff up. The way things are going, I'd imagine the Moe Hicks / Miami / Shapiro potential issue is going to peer its ugly head again real soon.

phew, i thought jamal white left the team.... 

Not Jamal White, but the way things are going, I thought maybe someone had left the team, or that another targeted recruit committed elsewhere.

Please, no more headlines like this.

Can we please try to halt the sensationalism.
This is a grown man who may have made a poor decision and has nothing to do with our team.
Lets hope he is vindicated when all is said and done.  

phew, i thought jamal white left the team.... 

Not Jamal White, but the way things are going, I thought maybe someone had left the team, or that another targeted recruit committed elsewhere.

Please, no more headlines like this.

Agree, the headline was a little extreme

I have a funny feeling that this is the reason why St. John's athletic department staff and their friends are always in the student section at the big east tournament taking up tickets meant for the students. The seats where those people were supposed to be were probably sold by this clown. The pieces have finally been put together.

Did Crazy Eddie join the team? Because this is INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yell:  

For what it's worth, Brian Colleary is also the Senior Associate Athletics Director for External Affairs/Finance 

What's is funny is my father and I red/white members since it started, 50+ and 20+ seaosn tix holders. Season tix are in the first couple rows. Have 10 seats and every year I always got thrown in the 200's and 300's. This during the Norm years and even the years when we were not even playing in the Big East.  I always asked why. Now I know

Everything starts to make sense!

This must be why when there was a 500 student waiting list for Big East Tournament tickets, only about 5 small rows of students received tickets and were stuck behind 20 rows of ordinary people!

It appears that this may be on its way to being resolved. Thankfully. B)  

Back