Ticket Scandal

i meet him few times since i am a Red/White member. Always brushed me off like his ..ish didn't smell.
Like rest of you guys i had issues with the Big East tourney seats as well. Regular season i am in Sec 12 (95% of times whole section is occupied by fans of opposite team that we are playing)
During Big East tourney my seats were in 300's.. Come on now.

I have always found Brian to be a decent guy with solid credentials to do the job. Who knows what pressures existed to make him abuse a trust if he did. The sarcastic side of me says, after the Cincy game, if he can scalp StJ tickets he should get the marketer of the year award; but, if some people who support the team were hurt evenfor one game, he has to be dismissed..It is a shame of human failure and it makes me sad.. I .liked him

If Colleary did what is alleged then he is not a decent guy but rather he is nothing more than a common thief who should be prosecuted.

The issue is not whether he marketed Cincinnati tickets the allegation reported in the newspapers is that Colleary took tickets reserved for St.John's  Red& White Club members and sold those tickets for his own profit. Red Whire members who were shoved up to the 3d tier seats should be furious.

The bigger question in this scandal is what, if any institutional oversight existed over Colleary. The New York Daily News reports in the below link that Colleary had allegation of a unseemly past. Who hired Colleary? Did St. John's know of the sexaual allegations against Colleary? Who promoted him to a senior position?

It sure seems that scandals such as this happen more at St.John's than other schools.

New York Daily News:

Before Colleary came to St. John’s in 2005 he had been the AD at Duquesne and Marist. While at Duquesne he was named in a federal lawsuit that alleged sexual harassment of an athletics department employee.

Renee DeVarney, who had been fired as women’s basketball coach for the Dukes, said in the complaint that Colleary “began seeking unwanted social and sexual contact” beginning in 1992, that he “grabbed her, attempted to embrace her and forced her to kiss him,” and asked her to accompany him on school business trips.

Read more:http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/c...personal-gain-article-1.1020617#ixzz1m5B0X8ij

If Colleary did what is alleged then he is not a decent guy but rather he is nothing more than a common thief who should be prosecuted.

The issue is not whether he marketed Cincinnati tickets the allegation reported in the newspapers is that Colleary took tickets reserved for St.John's  Red& White Club members and sold those tickets for his own profit. Red Whire members who were shoved up to the 3d tier seats should be furious.

The bigger question in this scandal is what, if any institutional oversight existed over Colleary. The New York Daily News reports in the below link that Colleary had allegation of a unseemly past. Who hired Colleary? Did St. John's know of the sexaual allegations against Colleary? Who promoted him to a senior position?

It sure seems that scandals such as this happen more at St.John's than other schools.

New York Daily News:

Before Colleary came to St. John’s in 2005 he had been the AD at Duquesne and Marist. While at Duquesne he was named in a federal lawsuit that alleged sexual harassment of an athletics department employee.

Renee DeVarney, who had been fired as women’s basketball coach for the Dukes, said in the complaint that Colleary “began seeking unwanted social and sexual contact” beginning in 1992, that he “grabbed her, attempted to embrace her and forced her to kiss him,” and asked her to accompany him on school business trips.

Read more:http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/c...personal-gain-article-1.1020617#ixzz1m5B0X8ij

If this article is credible than shame on SJU.
If the womans coach was tellin the truth than hes a scum

Let's just say I'm only surprised that this took so long. I'll leave it at that.

1000% agree with you. In addition how much in donations did he cause the University to lose because of many of his actions. If I have ever met you in person or communicated with you, PM me if you want me to expand further.

New York Daily News:

I feel this is going to really shake things up and the fallout will continue. 

New York Daily News:

The lawsuit was was settled out of court and according to old newspaper reports, amicably. And of course details are not available due to the agreement. Otis can give his view on that better than I can due to his profession.

Iam assuming the guy who hired Brian is Moanasch right!

Moanasch has to go too :yell:

Ill never forget seeing TanMan stiting on the garden lobby floor in between periods of a ny rangers playoff game :blink: I could not understand why any man with a high profile job like AD would be caught doing that ?, must of thought he was at woodstock :unsure:

I live in N. Carolina now ,retired,where at some schools the season tickets are part of the divorce settlements and you have to contribute ,use your imagination,lots of money just to have the right to purchase season tickets.So when they play at the garden ,use your imagination ,they will pay a lot more for a garden ticket then our subway alumni will pay.To them even the elevated price per tjcket is cheap and they are willing to pay N.Y, hotel stays and still feel they have a bargain. If we have a scandel ,my imagination runs wild what may be happening at other schools.When we come to N.Y. at least we get to see the Redmen at most games at ticket prices.

As a season ticket holder and Red/White member, I am not happy at all. What he did was wrong. In an article yesterday, I read that they stripped him of some responsibilities over the last year or so. If that is true, I really wonder why it took so long.
It seems that this will be bigger than one guy. Here we go again.
I know we can get through this. I hope Lavin is healthy, comes back to coach next year and signs a great recruiting class. I also hope Harkless and Harrison do not go pro. We need to build on the excitement we had less than a year ago. We need some good news!
I graduated 27 years ago and have been very loyal to the university and our program even before I attended the SJU.
That said, I have to admit it sure gets frustrating. We always seem to take two steps forward and one step back.
We need Lavin back!

A double Alum (wife, double too, bro-in-law, sister-in-law all Alums also) and a season ticket holder and RW Club member for years.

I am saddened by this.  

How come St. John's makes a habit of bringing bad news like this to the University. It sucks for our name to be in the press again for a bad reason.

I can hear it now, Hey, Moran, your school was in the papers again, what's up there, I guess they don't pay their Assistant ADs enough.......etc., etc............

Tired of being the butt of jokes.

Back