The NCAA Tournament Thread

Edey had 37pnts, someone else had 12pnts
Rest of the team? 11pnts

How good will they be when Edey leaves? Most likely avg.
They were pretty good when Edey was a backup. Matt Painter can coach. He's going to have some holes to fill on that roster, and I agree they will likely have a down-ish year next year while they retool, but overall they will be fine.

Too soon? Well, we have to have one anyway.

Quick predictions, have not studied the bracket:

UConn repeats
Marquette chokes
Purdue gets beat by a faster team
Houston doesn't score enough to win
LMF roots for Boise State and his guy O'Mar Stanley
Not a bad job, other than #3 wasn't strictly correct. If only my bracket was that accurate...

Edey had 37pnts, someone else had 12pnts
Rest of the team? 11pnts

How good will they be when Edey leaves? Most likely avg.
37 points for Edey sounds like he had a great game . In my opinion he had a terrible game .

Much of the 37 were early or late , when the game was already out of hand .

He missed a lot of bunnies in the 2nd half and the Huskies just wore him down with Clingan and Johnson .
Might have been the first time Edey played against a guy almost his size in Clingan

I could not fathom Painter ‘s Coaching or game plan? It was Smith trying to get it to Edey on every play . Easily defended . Smith , very over rated as a PG. He was terrible in the Semi Final and awful last night .

I don’t think Purdue fans are as fanatical as IU fans who , like UK , think they should be in the Final 4 every year . But , Pudue losing to St Peter’s 2 years ago and Farleigh Dickinson last year raises some questions as to Painter’s in game adjustments .

The talent and size discrepancy between the 3 teams was startling . And , isn’t it about time that the BB World give credence to the BE being the Premier Conference ? Not the Big 10, SEC, ACC, or the Mountain West .!

What was the call on that play? The ref with the trademark high step trot doesn't signal and just gives the ball to Purdue. I think that had to be a tech on Hurley. There's no violation that covers that. Seemingly huge ref error on the world's biggest stage but he sold it well and got the ball back in play quickly to cover it.
It’s supposed to be an automatic tech if you are out of the coaching box and make contact with a player.

He went on the court and shoved his own player to gain an advantage. That’s just crazy.

It’s supposed to be an automatic tech if you are out of the coaching box and make contact with a player.

He went on the court and shoved his own player to gain an advantage. That’s just crazy.
Craziest part was he was actively pissed at the refs for stopping play. Like dude, you interfered with the game LOL that is not allowed

I think Danny , deep down , still thinks himself a Player and would love to get in there and play .
Why wasn’t he given a technical ?

Big 10 comes up short in Men’s and Women’s BB this weekend . First , Iowa and then , Purdue

I’m sure some will say that’s a indicator of how strong the League is . I don’t buy it .

Both Schools had the POY in Clark and Edey . It wasn’t enough to beat teams with better overall Talent .

Now that the Tournament is over I can say it. This Tournament was a bit of a dud in my opinion. Two 1s facing in a relatively boring and expected finale. I picked the Yukon to win and that’s exactly what happened. Not really a great pick since 3 quarters of everyone else had the same I’m sure. I mean I always love the wall to wall hoops but this was not dramatic in the end. Chalk.

To Marillac and carmine:

I think the call was a formal warning on Hurley for being out of the box.

About 10-15 years ago, they decided to enforce the "out of the box" tech more than they had in the past. The result was T's flying left and right, for a guy barley moving away. So, they agreed to hand out warnings, before T'ing a coach up, for being out of the box.

Pitino got called for that at Nova this year, and I've seen it a few other times, as well.

The Mullin hire was one of the dumbest things this school has ever done and there have been a lot of those. The program is where it has been over these past two decades cause of asinine coaching hires like Mullin and Roberts.

Hurley was there for the taking but the school was too busy trying to appease an old coach rather then worry about winning.
Carmine in 5, 4, 3...

I know. I can't see any justification for turning the ball over to Purdue without a tech. Announcers just washed over it other than Raf calling it "good officiating". Could have been a ref nightmare but it wasn't even mentioned on any post game show. Only here.

To Marillac and carmine:
I think the call was a formal warning on Hurley for being out of the box.

About 10-15 years ago, they decided to enforce the "out of the box" tech more than they had in the past. The result was T's flying left and right, for a guy barley moving away. So, they agreed to hand out warnings, before T'ing a coach up, for being out of the box.

Pitino got called for that at Nova this year, and I've seen it a few other times, as well.
It can’t just be a formal warning because they took the ball from uconn. It was a mess up for sure.

Maybe an inadvertant whistle, which then goes to the possession arrow?
No that would go to who ever had possession when the whistle was inadvertently blown.

This really just looks like a botched job during the moment. Purdue got the ball, so they didn’t put up a fight, in reality they should have got FTs too

No that would go to who ever had possession when the whistle was inadvertently blown.

This really just looks like a botched job during the moment. Purdue got the ball, so they didn’t put up a fight, in reality they should have got FTs too
Exactly. It's either nothing or it's a T - and it was a T. So it should have been 2 shots and the ball for Purdue. I couldn't figure out in real time how "we're just giving them the ball" was an option and I still can't. Glad it isn't just me!

I know. I can't see any justification for turning the ball over to Purdue without a tech. Announcers just washed over it other than Raf calling it "good officiating". Could have been a ref nightmare but it wasn't even mentioned on any post game show. Only here.
I didn't even see the push but saw him on the court. I thought okay warning, but the push isn't a technical? If you receive a warning, do you turn the ball over to the other team?

Back