The NCAA Tournament Thread

lawmanfan

Staff member
Too soon? Well, we have to have one anyway.

Quick predictions, have not studied the bracket:

UConn repeats
Marquette chokes
Purdue gets beat by a faster team
Houston doesn't score enough to win
LMF roots for Boise State and his guy O'Mar Stanley

Eric, what's your o/u on this thread?
I will half jokingly say 10 because we are all pissed and exhausted after all this excitement turned shit. Really knocked the fun out of it for so many but I am sure once we do our brackets and survivor pools at least the first 2 days we will be back into it.

There is a financial incentive to the Big East to have it's members advance far in the tournament, so really have no choice but to pull for them. In the past, units have been around $2 million for each win which goes to the conference.

based on what just happened to us getting screwed, I will root for any big east team to take it all even if it’s Pukon.
Agree here. Big East all the way. Once again show them how wrong they are. Hoping for Big East Final 4.

My heart and soul hurt rooting for Pukon. Given what transpired yesterday, I'll root for them and the others all the way through, but if Pukon reaches the final, I will root against them.

I completely understand RP's explanation re: NIT bid. However, I think they should have accepted it. That's just my opinion. I don't like the look of not accepting. Never a mention if what players wanted just the budgetary references.

I completely understand RP's explanation re: NIT bid. However, I think they should have accepted it. That's just my opinion. I don't like the look of not accepting. Never a mention if what players wanted just the budgetary references.
I think that on a business level RP looks at the NIT as beneath him and is trying to build the namebrand of SJU back up. Also, there are many seniors on the team that will not be here next year, so I’m guessing that he thought extra playing time would not help develop anyone. But what do I know I just wrestle.

Back