The NCAA Tournament Thread

Unfortunately for the BE, I very sadly think it doesn’t matter one bit how they do in regards to the NCAA; very Uber important for the Fox contract. The selections (or lack of), the ridiculously asinine “moving target justifications” different criteria for different teams from the NCAA, and the even more ridiculously asinine non-response response from the BE “leadership” just screams to me that if you are in the BE, you better be in the top echelon of teams all year, be highly rated, because the NCAA, the P5 conferences, and Disney (ESPN) just threw down the gauntlet.
So the most important response, tournament wise, from the BE, IMO, needs to come from the “Repoles” and the talent evaluators for each respective team. SJU either didn’t have the time, the $, or just didn’t do a great job evaluating last year but they need to do WAY better this time around because there is no longer time to hit your stride 20-25 games into the season.
So, after waffling on the NIT decision, I have no problem with SJU deciding to put 100% of their effort into next year because “tradition” is dead. The last few days couldn’t have provided a clearer view of the “brave new world” of college sports, CBB style. No time to waste, IMO, living in the past. I hate it that that is what it has become but the only constant in life is change; adapt or be left behind.
One last, even sadder point to me; I echo lawmanfan’s post in another thread regarding watching players develop. I can see where the situation for some really good HS players may opt to “play down” if you will, to get the playing time to cash in their second year. It is now pretty much all about the portal, and I wonder if the “Wilchers and Dunlaps” going forward will be willing to essentially sit a year in the future. And I am curious as to what SJU is offering them NIL wise to stay on what is basically still a “potential” situation for both. Very tricky because money management now is very front and center vital to the health of college programs.

Couldn't care less about the tournament. More interested in the portal and who Rick brings in to ensure this team is dancing next season.
Me also. I'll probably watch the BE teams and hope they smash their opponents into oblivion. But to watch a team like Purdue with Edey running over people while drawing fouls? Or Virginia struggling to score 50 points? No thanks. I have loads of streaming shows to watch. Need to catch up on Regime, The New Look and continue bingeing on The Alfred Hitchcock Show on the Roku Channel. And prepare for another NY Mets Opening Day in the cold.

I will check the scores though hoping every Mountain West team loses in the first round.

Me also. I'll probably watch the BE teams and hope they smash their opponents into oblivion. But to watch a team like Purdue with Edey running over people while drawing fouls? Or Virginia struggling to score 50 points? No thanks. I have loads of streaming shows to watch. Need to catch up on Regime, The New Look and continue bingeing on The Alfred Hitchcock Show on the Roku Channel. And prepare for another NY Mets Opening Day in the cold.

I will check the scores though hoping every Mountain West team loses in the first round.
I'll probably tune into the Big East games and the schools from my home state in South Carolina and Clemson. Other than that, I won't watch it.

I thought I was perfectly positioned for March Madness this year. My wife is going to spend next week in Colorado helping out with our granddaughter since daycare is closed for Easter, looked like the Johnnies would be dancing and I had visions of sitting in front of the big screen TV with my bracket and a cold beverage throughout the sweet 16 and Elite 8 games.

Now the Johnnies, Hall & Friars are all out and I found out yesterday the guy who runs the pool I've been in since we moved here 13 years ago isn't doing it this year. The best laid plans of a Johnny fan usually go about as far south as possible.

Go St. Peter's

Go Wagner

I thought I was perfectly positioned for March Madness this year. My wife is going to spend next week in Colorado helping out with our granddaughter since daycare is closed for Easter, looked like the Johnnies would be dancing and I had visions of sitting in front of the big screen TV with my bracket and a cold beverage throughout the sweet 16 and Elite 8 games.

Now the Johnnies, Hall & Friars are all out and I found out yesterday the guy who runs the pool I've been in since we moved here 13 years ago isn't doing it this year. The best laid plans of a Johnny fan usually go about as far south as possible.
NC Johnnie, I feel your pain. Most years I take big chunks of Thursday and Friday off to watch as many games as possible.

I lost my appetite for it with what transpired with 3 bids for the BE.

I am usually pumped for this tourney couldn’t care less this year after the big east was screwed over just wiped out any interest I have in it. I haven’t even looked at a bracket not even gonna enter the pool I’m in every year just moving on to baseball and the transfer portal.

Im Rooting for Rick Pitino's son and his team. The other team I want to see make a run Is Marquette. At least we get to see A Pitino coach in the NCAA. I love how some are saying oh im not watching the tournament, now, oh shut the front door up lol. of course you are. Do no pretend you arent. Let's face it that big stretch of losses did us in. Seton Hall providence and St. John's also belong in over Virginia freaking grand canon ,

I am usually pumped for this tourney couldn’t care less this year after the big east was screwed over just wiped out any interest I have in it. I haven’t even looked at a bracket not even gonna enter the pool I’m in every year just moving on to baseball and the transfer portal.
We should have been filling this board with posts analyzing our first round NCAA tourney matchup, and dreaming of how deep we could go if all went right. Being that we played UConn tough 2 out of 3 times, and the team was really playing well, there was a legit reason to believe we would have won a game or 2. Only 3 Big East teams seems like an intentional slap in the face. I will root for some serious dogs that weren't bid stealers. I always enjoy watching the blue bloods eliminated in rounds 1 or 2.

With St. John’s, Seton Hall, Syracuse and Princeton left out, I expect this year’s tournament ratings to underperform. I personally will skip.

Really think Memphis and Princeton were screwed over the worst. No way Mich St belongs over them. Sucks to be in a one bid league, where a team can have a season like the one Princeton had and miss tourney due to upset in conf tournament. Especially after the Sweet 16 run they made last year. Just stupid by the selection committee.

Teams LMF is rooting for:

UConn, Marquette - if they win, we get paid.

Creighton - an LMF favorite plus if they win we get paid

Morehead State - when I went out to Denver for the NCAA tournament many years ago I discovered that their chant (no really) is More Head, More Head, More Head! How can you root against that?

Michigan State - to beat UNC. Have I mentioned that I hate the ACC?
New Mexico - to beat Clemson, see above.
Vermont - F Duke.

St Mary's - so that conference isn't just Gonzaga Gonzaga Gonzaga

Boise State - for O'Mar Stanley, a LMF favorite. I like Colorado a lot, but gotta root for O'Mar.

NC State - currently exempt from ACC hatred due to (a) winning the conf tournament and (b) DJ Burns

Colorado State - and anybody else who plays Virginia (hopefully nobody)

Teams LMF is rooting for:

UConn, Marquette - if they win, we get paid.

Creighton - an LMF favorite plus if they win we get paid

Morehead State - when I went out to Denver for the NCAA tournament many years ago I discovered that their chant (no really) is More Head, More Head, More Head! How can you root against that?

Michigan State - to beat UNC. Have I mentioned that I hate the ACC?
New Mexico - to beat Clemson, see above.
Vermont - F Duke.

St Mary's - so that conference isn't just Gonzaga Gonzaga Gonzaga

Boise State - for O'Mar Stanley, a LMF favorite. I like Colorado a lot, but gotta root for O'Mar.

NC State - currently exempt from ACC hatred due to (a) winning the conf tournament and (b) DJ Burns

Colorado State - and anybody else who plays Virginia (hopefully nobody)
More Head is now the Redmen rallying cry

Back