The Knicks Are Back

I agree. The problem is that unless the Nets take some salary back in the Bridges/Bogdanovic deal, then that will cap the Knicks at the first apron UNLESS they make another deal where they send out more money than they take back.

That tees up a Randle trade for a backup center and/or backup PG which opens up another $11 million in cap space for the Knicks to spend up to the second apron, plus whatever cap space you gain in the Randle move.

They can then use that plus whatever they DON'T give Anunoby to bolster the bench which is kinda thin.
The deal technically can't be finalized until after the draft (or July [aka new league year], I'm not sure) since the Knicks included their '31 pick. I have a feeling a third team is going to be involved so the Knicks can trade Sims and one of Diakate/Jeffries so they aren't hard capped at the first apron.

There's some interesting conversation about whether its allowed since its unclear if Sims is technically counted as a minimum contract or not.

I agree. The problem is that unless the Nets take some salary back in the Bridges/Bogdanovic deal, then that will cap the Knicks at the first apron UNLESS they make another deal where they send out more money than they take back.

That tees up a Randle trade for a backup center and/or backup PG which opens up another $11 million in cap space for the Knicks to spend up to the second apron, plus whatever cap space you gain in the Randle move.

They can then use that plus whatever they DON'T give Anunoby to bolster the bench which is kinda thin.
I heard something about the Knicks being able to use their "Bird Rights" and also being able to go over the cap.

Randle is the Knicks' second best player at worst. Moving him would make a championship a pipe dream. OG is also a "must" sign if there's any hope of beating the Celtics.

Grab the best available players and go from there.
Nah the Knicks are good enough right now (assuming they keep OG) they have the luxury to draft for roster need if they see the right value on the board to fill depth at the center position if they are gonna lose iHart

I liken it to the Mavs taking Derrick Lively, who was extremely raw in college, they grabbed him cause they knew they needed an active big.

He ends up being a huge part of a finals team as a rookie

Nah the Knicks are good enough right now (assuming they keep OG) they have the luxury to draft for roster need if they see the right value on the board to fill depth at the center position if they are gonna lose iHart

I liken it to the Mavs taking Derrick Lively, who was extremely raw in college, they grabbed him cause they knew they needed an active big.

He ends up being a huge part of a finals team as a rookie
If the opportunity presents itself, maybe package both picks to move up and take Clingan.

im gonna say it... I want Kolek or Cam Spencer with one of the picks
The Athletic in their mock draft posted today has the Knicks picking Kolek with the first (24th overall) of their back to back first round picks and Scheierman with their second (25th overall).

Zach B

“Leon Rose has done an awesome job. Don’t think that’s up for debate. He’s everything Brodie Van Wagenen wasn’t. #knicks are a legit contender.”

Totally agree

Back