Student support.... PATHETIC...... at game

Last night near the end of the game the student section was chanting "Big 10 sucks" at wvu players. Good job guys. :)  

Actually, it was "Big 12 sucks", since that's where West Virginia is going, but considering how many teams are in each league right now, they probably should switch names.

Where WVU is headed is still the Big 10 and I doubt that the Big 12 is going to let them have that name. But, whatever it was pretty funny.

Wonder how many of those WVU fans realized after the tourny it's going to be a while before they get to play in NYC again. Hope they like Ames. :)

Last night near the end of the game the student section was chanting "Big 10 sucks" at wvu players. Good job guys. :)  

Actually, it was "Big 12 sucks", since that's where West Virginia is going, but considering how many teams are in each league right now, they probably should switch names.

Where WVU is headed is still the Big 10 and I doubt that the Big 12 is going to let them have that name. But, whatever it was pretty funny.

Wonder how many of those WVU fans realized after the tourny it's going to be a while before they get to play in NYC again. Hope they like Ames. :)

No, West Virginia is headed to the Big 12, with Kansas, Missouri, Texas, et al. TCU, too. At least, I think that's how I heard it.

I do know that Beast, I have friends who went to some of those schools. I am not a SJU student or alum. I am a diehard fan that happens to be a grade student in NYC. So I am happy to pay $10 day of the game to get into the arena and watch since I cannot afford much more.

At Syracuse I paid about $160/180 for season tix, thats what student season tickets are worth there. 

I do know that Beast, I have friends who went to some of those schools. I am not a SJU student or alum. I am a diehard fan that happens to be a grade student in NYC. So I am happy to pay $10 day of the game to get into the arena and watch since I cannot afford much more.

At Syracuse I paid about $160/180 for season tix, thats what student season tickets are worth there. 

At Nova, the demand for tickets has been so great for some of their games in recent years that if you were astudent and got shut out of the lottery, you werent getting into the sold out arenas.

Interesting article in USA Toaday aNow this is crazy: The Cameron Crazies can't fill up the student section.

Duke Blue Devils students cheer on their team against the Virginia Cavaliers during play at Cameron Indoor Stadium on January 12, 2012 in Durham, North Carolina.
CAPTIONBy Grant Halverson, Getty ImagesThe Chronicle, Duke's student newspaper, is reporting the athletic department has begun selling more and more general admission tickets to areas within the student section.

From The Chronicle:

Student attendance at men's basketball games has fallen consistently over the last five years, even dropping after Duke won its fourth national championship in 2010. This season, approximately 650 undergraduates have attended each game, 150 fewer than during the 2008-09 season. As a result, Duke Athletics has begun to sell an increasing number of general admission tickets in the student section on a regular basis.

"It has nothing to do with the revenue. We just want it to be full," Director of Marketing and Relations Mike Forman said. "If there were 1,200 students every game we would love it."

The rest of the article is pretty interesting, and it cites possible reasons for low interest: a weak Atlantic Coast Conference and marquee games being moved to Madison Square Garden in New York City.

Back