SJU Portal Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
In baseball they have the stat BABIP which measures luck to some degree for batted balls in play. I feel Ledlum’s unlucky rating on good shots would be very high if there was a similar stat in basketball.

I think he’s a way better shooter than his 3 pt % indicates. He and Dingle barely missed more good shots than any guys I can remember here.

Ledlum’s blocks were largely due to his absurd hustle.

Switching is the one area of concern for me. He was locked on guards way too often.

He was the main guy at Harvard so that changes things but 318 career threes at 30% is a pretty sizable sample size tho. Hes gotta really learn how to pick his spots in order to bring that up.

He was the main guy at Harvard so that changes things but 318 career threes at 30% is a pretty sizable sample size tho. Hes gotta really learn how to pick his spots in order to bring that up.
4.9 attempts is too much for him…especially 2 years ago. No reason he can’t be at 35-37% with 2.5 with Smith IMO. And he can attack a close out.

That magic # is 34% because thad beats it 50% from the field on two-pointers.

Surely I'm not the only one here whose pediatrician measured him barefoot.
That is fine but has no bearing on what your height is on the basketball court or football field unless you are playing in a barefoot league.

In baseball they have the stat BABIP which measures luck to some degree for batted balls in play. I feel Ledlum’s unlucky rating on good shots would be very high if there was a similar stat in basketball.

I think he’s a way better shooter than his 3 pt % indicates. He and Dingle barely missed more good shots than any guys I can remember here.

Ledlum’s blocks were largely due to his absurd hustle.

Switching is the one area of concern for me. He was locked on guards way too often.
The bolded part is the main reason why I have the other three guys ahead of him. I'd really like to have our 1-5 be switchable guys on defense. I just get a feeling unless Ledlum gets a bit quicker, he's going to be the guy picked on in every possession (like Soriano and Dingle were last year).

While from a strictly eye test perspective, I have that exact feeling of thinking every Dingle shot was going to go in/Ledlum's shot looked more capable than the stats showed, I just don't know if the potential of his shot makes me want him more than any of the other three guys mentioned. Again, in a vacuum, I'd be stoked if he's back and I think he'd be a big contributor next year.

During the last seven games of the year, Ledlum shot 47% from 3pt and 55% from 2pt. You can argue that the "bad luck" evened out by the end of the year since the three point number is just as fluky.

Think we all gotta take a quick step back and realize how good of a position we're in that we can be arguing about these four guys and none of them are centerpieces to our roster or portal.

That is fine but has no bearing on what your height is on the basketball court or football field unless you are playing in a barefoot league.
Guess the guy on stilts in the circus should be measured in his stilts so he’s about 14 feet tall. Listen we all know basketball players play in sneakers but I’d like to know their real human height you know like the rest of us so I can have a real comparison to other human beings. 😇

Guess the guy on stilts in the circus should be measured in his stilts so he’s about 14 feet tall. Listen we all know basketball players play in sneakers but I’d like to know their real human height you know like the rest of us so I can have a real comparison to other human beings. 😇
Not too many of them are my height so I personally would rather not compare.

That barefoot league stinks
Cal is acknowledged as a great Recruiter but , gets disparaged due to his lack of Championships at Kentucky
Cal , went he went to Kentucky , was the top Recruiter for the 1 ‘s and Done’s . He mostly retooled every year with newbies . 18-19 year old McD All Americans . Most went to the NBA after their first year .
So , he rarely got a chance to Coach his teams with many upper class players . It impacted his results more than saying he was a inept Coach .
Plus , all the McD AA’s knew they were going pro and it was difficult to get all of them on the same playing field to play a lot of Team first BB .

He’s not RP’s equal as a Coach but , he’s not chopped liver either .

Whoever Rick wants will be best choice. If Rick says he got some abominable snowman that eats arms and legs that him and his wife saw on an Alaskan cruise let’s go with it. Or if Rick says I found some kid from Europe he’s the Pierre Woodman of rebounding. Get it done. Just want to win!
Should have guarded the inbounds on Laettner play

Cal is acknowledged as a great Recruiter but , gets disparaged due to his lack of Championships at Kentucky
Cal , went he went to Kentucky , was the top Recruiter for the 1 ‘s and Done’s . He mostly retooled every year with newbies . 18-19 year old McD All Americans . Most went to the NBA after their first year .
So , he rarely got a chance to Coach his teams with many upper class players . It impacted his results more than saying he was a inept Coach .
Plus , all the McD AA’s knew they were going pro and it was difficult to get all of them on the same playing field to play a lot of Team first BB .

He’s not RP’s equal as a Coach but , he’s not chopped liver either .
He has been a very successful coach. I won't even qualify that for some of his recruiting practices and unlimited resources he had at Kentucky.

The last few seasons he chose to bring in almost only one and dones even after many schools had adapted to having a more experienced lineup and the use of the transfer portal. That was his choice and why he isn't at Kentucky anymore. He seems to have figured that out at this offseason at Arkansas so no more excuses if he doesn't win big with an unlimited budget.

NBA teams not exactly scrambling to hire folks on this board as scouts. :)
I got a email from one that asked for my Social Security number and Checking route number and Account number .
They also said they would get me. A Date with one of the Savannah Nanas Dancing girls . Who are age appropriate

And , said I would hear back from the Team as soon as I forwarded the above info .
Wanted me to handle the SCarolina , Georgia and North Florida schools .

They did say they were scrambling .

The bolded part is the main reason why I have the other three guys ahead of him. I'd really like to have our 1-5 be switchable guys on defense. I just get a feeling unless Ledlum gets a bit quicker, he's going to be the guy picked on in every possession (like Soriano and Dingle were last year).

While from a strictly eye test perspective, I have that exact feeling of thinking every Dingle shot was going to go in/Ledlum's shot looked more capable than the stats showed, I just don't know if the potential of his shot makes me want him more than any of the other three guys mentioned. Again, in a vacuum, I'd be stoked if he's back and I think he'd be a big contributor next year.

During the last seven games of the year, Ledlum shot 47% from 3pt and 55% from 2pt. You can argue that the "bad luck" evened out by the end of the year since the three point number is just as fluky.

Think we all gotta take a quick step back and realize how good of a position we're in that we can be arguing about these four guys and none of them are centerpieces to our roster or portal.

They may not be centerpieces but it’s an important get none the less. To be a conference contender and possible Dance invite, a team has to have very good shooters or great offensive rebounding to make up for that. Last year, while our shooting wasn’t strong the Johnnies were one of the top offensive rebounding teams in the country thanks to Ledlum and Soriano.

Hopefully our two new guards add to the rebound total but I still believe an active PF (4) is necessary for this team to compete at a high level.

Never seen Pryor so can't say personally but can say more than a majority of ppl ive spoken(very small sample) with like Mitchell better than Pryor....not only as a prospect but for SJ. Not too worried about his shooting....hes a guy you can trap with, switch with ....think Rick will love him...and for what it's worth don't think it's even really close
I think the notion of "not too worried about his shooting" and in general the entire team's less than stellar collective shooting is just coach speak...for now.

Obviously we know the staff will have individualized, carefully curated plans for each player, as Coach Walsh told me on the last podcast we did together. I'm also sure the players who aren't "great" shooters are hyper aware of it and working on it this summer, daily. Once guys get all together on campus and in the gym in July I believe the staff will go full speed into implementing improved form/attempts of getting rid of hitches in shots etc.

Coach Pitino's famous story of turning Donovan Mitchel into a shooter by making him stand in front of the basket and working his way back slowly will likely be implemented in some form for a lot of the guys.

And the hope is Rick has war stories of success like Donovan's to tell about our guys one day.

I know the hope is to get Mitchell on campus soon, they've been working on it for a while I believe. He has NBA level athleticism and a strong defender, you don't say no to a talent like that. So use the summer to do 2 and 3 a days and work on that offense. I'm excited for how things will come together. It's a puzzle and we're close to finding the missing pieces and go to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back