SJU Portal Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more reason to root for Chris Ledlum's return is the continuity factor, alluded to by Ralph318!, he would add to the team.

Big talent is indeed coming in, but Chris, with 28.8mpg in 31 games, would be the only returning Johnny who logged major productive minutes last season.

R.J. Luis, 21mpg in 23 games would be the only other returning 'veteran'.

Ledlum's a gamer, leader, and winner.

He'd be a major 'get' imo.

One more reason to root for Chris Ledlum's return is the continuity factor, alluded to by Ralph318!, he would add to the team.

Big talent is indeed coming in, but Chris, with 28.8mpg in 31 games, would be the only returning Johnny who logged major productive minutes last season.

R.J. Luis, 21mpg in 23 games would be the only other returning 'veteran'.

Ledlum's a gamer, leader, and winner.

He'd be a major 'get' imo.

Agree with this sentiment. Ledlum playing ~18 mpg and featured on a matchup-dependent basis is good for the development of RJ Brady and Zuby - leaves them plenty of minutes. Continuity matters, including to fans like me who want to enjoy watching Rick develop imperfect players.

There is enough size if one of Iwuchukwu/Maker can play 15 solid BE minutes. A Junior 6’9 former top 50 C/F who plays hard on both ends of the floor backed up by former 4* 7’1 monsters with potential is a fantastic situation at the 5 for a team loaded with wings and guards. Ledlum would make a great captain.

Last edited:
Prefer Ledlum back over Mitchell, but don’t really see how taking them both makes sense. I don’t buy into the “Pitino will make it work” narrative. These are young men with egos who want minutes, money, and an opportunity to showcase what they can do so they can potentially play professionally. Having 11 guys who all warrant floor time just doesn’t work IMO.

No one out there moving the needle when it comes to shooting the three so would prefer Mitchell.
Achor Achor moves the needle. He's 6'9'' 227 vs Mitchell's 6'5'' 205. His actual height has been posted by several sources including Paultzman. The Transfer portal rankings has 52 for Achor vs 41 for Mitchell.

Prefer Ledlum back over Mitchell, but don’t really see how taking them both makes sense. I don’t buy into the “Pitino will make it work” narrative. These are young men with egos who want minutes, money, and an opportunity to showcase what they can do so they can potentially play professionally. Having 11 guys who all warrant floor time just doesn’t work IMO.
110%. Richmond, Smith, Scott, Ojiafor, Luis, Wilcher, Vince, Dunlap, Glover plus one more makes 10 who can get PT with Lefty # 11. More than that makes no sense.

Achor Achor moves the needle. He's 6'9'' 227 vs Mitchell's 6'5'' 205. His actual height has been posted by several sources including Paultzman. The Transfer portal rankings has 52 for Achor vs 41 for Mitchell.

Where’s the 6’5 for Mitchell keep coming from?

Where’s the 6’5 for Mitchell keep coming from?
If I misread the post from Paultzman or misunderstood it I apologize for posting erroneous information, but he responded to a question from Moose about Mitchell's height and the answer was 6'5". See post numbers 6671 and 6672 dated May 9th at 8:41 pm and 8:42 pm.

If I misread the post from Paultzman or misunderstood it I apologize for posting erroneous information, but he responded to a question from Moose about Mitchell's height and the answer was 6'5". See post numbers 6671 and 6672 dated May 9th at 8:41 pm and 8:42 pm.
Believe was a joke as was response to someone asked if took away hair how tall.

Misunderstanding as Paultz doesn’t usually crack jokes and some on here treat him like Walter Cronkite.

Draft combines always most reliable.

From last year: Mitchell is 6’6.75” with no shoes, 193lbs, 6’10” wingspan.
See this never made sense to me. There has never been a shoeless basketball player. Guys play in sneakers so should be measured with them.
All athletes except Jimmy Snuka or Ricky Steamboat should always be measured with footwear.

See this never made sense to me. There has never been a shoeless basketball player. Guys play in sneakers so should be measured with them.
All athletes except Jimmy Snuka or Ricky Steamboat should always be measured with footwear.
Plus, he was 19 when they measured his height...could've grown an " lol.

FWIW, he was picked @ 80 in 1 mock draft and not picked in the Top 58 in 2 others.

Sounds like he'll be back in college...somewhere.

In contrast, Watkins was picked @ #42 in another mock.

Last edited:
Trilly on Mitchell:
“So minor correction re: Dillon Mitchell - he reportedly flew to New York after visiting Miami but didn’t actually visit St. John’s. Was told he’s supposed to visit in the next week.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back