SJU Portal Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Soon” hopefully is next few days, but still feels like Arkansas

Last edited:
Never seen Pryor so can't say personally but can say more than a majority of ppl ive spoken(very small sample) with like Mitchell better than Pryor....not only as a prospect but for SJ. Not too worried about his shooting....hes a guy you can trap with, switch with ....think Rick will love him...and for what it's worth don't think it's even really close

Never seen Pryor so can't say personally but can say more than a majority of ppl ive spoken(very small sample) with like Mitchell better than Pryor....not only as a prospect but for SJ. Not too worried about his shooting....hes a guy you can trap with, switch with ....think Rick will love him...and for what it's worth don't think it's even really close
Agree & thx

Hopefully Mitchell happens. For a kid who can't really shoot, his sophomore numbers at a high major look good. Can't ever look more than a year ahead anymore, but in the olden days, he's the type of kid who'd make a huge jump as a senior.
Mitchell aka Willie glass. No thanks. Not what we need right now.

Mitchell was 2nd in all of the Big 12 in rebounding and also had some top 15 defensive metrics.

He isn’t some project we have off the bench. He’d be an awesome energy guy who knows his role, will rebound the ball and play great defense. He would be our most athletic guy in the team on day 1.

The transition offense would be insane, and our defense with the press and man would be really upgraded. I’d be excited if we “ended up” with him.

All 4 would be a great way to finish the off season. Especially on the heels of losing out on Cliff and Omier.

I do think Chris is getting undersold a bit. Here's his and Mitchells numbers. For the athlete Mitchell is, and trust me he is an amazing one, Chris averaged more blocks, steals, and offensive rebounds than him.

Chris: 28.8 Min
9.5 Pts / 6.9 rebs (2.5 OFF)/ 1.8 asts / 1.4 stls / 1.2 blks
47% 2fg / 32% 3fg / 71% ft

Mitchell: 29 Min
9.6 pts / 7.5 rebs (1.8 OFF)/ 1.4 asts / 1.0 stls / .9 blks
61% 2fg / -- 3fg / 60% ft

Situations are never the same, and I'd personally think the difference in the 2fg% is the biggest trade off above, but Chris can play and I dont think he was necessarily the cause of Pitino's stress defensively. Chris was the only player in the BE to be in the top 10 in blocks and steals. Soriano at the 5 makes everyone a worse defender. Our backcourt wasnt helping.

All 4 would be a great way to finish the off season. Especially on the heels of losing out on Cliff and Omier.

I do think Chris is getting undersold a bit. Here's his and Mitchells numbers. For the athlete Mitchell is, and trust me he is an amazing one, Chris averaged more blocks, steals, and offensive rebounds than him.

Chris: 28.8 Min
9.5 Pts / 6.9 rebs (2.5 OFF)/ 1.8 asts / 1.4 stls / 1.2 blks
47% 2fg / 32% 3fg / 71% ft

Mitchell: 29 Min
9.6 pts / 7.5 rebs (1.8 OFF)/ 1.4 asts / 1.0 stls / .9 blks
61% 2fg / -- 3fg / 60% ft

Situations are never the same, and I'd personally think the difference in the 2fg% is the biggest trade off above, but Chris can play and I dont think he was necessarily the cause of Pitino's stress defensively. Chris was the only player in the BE to be in the top 10 in blocks and steals. Soriano at the 5 makes everyone a worse defender. Our backcourt wasnt helping.
In baseball they have the stat BABIP which measures luck to some degree for batted balls in play. I feel Ledlum’s unlucky rating on good shots would be very high if there was a similar stat in basketball.

I think he’s a way better shooter than his 3 pt % indicates. He and Dingle barely missed more good shots than any guys I can remember here.

Ledlum’s blocks were largely due to his absurd hustle.

Switching is the one area of concern for me. He was locked on guards way too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back