SJU Portal Targets

Guys a few things:

1)SJU has the coach, that is first and foremost the most important thing.
2)Their NIL is competitive it is not ridiculous nor should we expect it to be
3)They are gunning for some high end kids + good fits and that is not easy even with an elite coach
4)But there are plenty of kids in the Portal including top 100 type of kids and more are entering each day. They will find some good one's.
5)They have a plan. They are going to be selective and execute it. Sometimes they will swing and miss.

Lastly if you are feeling anxious SJU can always rehire Mike Anderson and Repole can take his money and go home....
1713491238653.jpeg

How about this Roach isn’t worth 1.5 million.
That's more than the NBA minimum for a signed rookie.
Is he projected to be an NBA 1st round draft pick?
Is Dubar?
Is Cliff?
NO! Otherwise they would have declared for the draft.
Our perverse sense of American justice has created a generation of grifters.
Does any of this seem like rah, rah, Alma Mater worthy??

That's more than the NBA minimum for a signed rookie.
Is he projected to be an NBA 1st round draft pick?
Is Dubar?
Is Cliff?
NO! Otherwise they would have declared for the draft.
Our perverse sense of American justice has created a generation of grifters.
Does any of this seem like rah, rah, Alma Mater worthy??
Presumably these guys will go on the court and perform which is not what a grifter would do.

Rah, rah has hit the portal in search of a better NIL deal.

If I'm a billionaire and people are starting to get antsy about my "whatever it takes" comment, I would tell people that if I'm paying $1.5m, it's not for Roach (who I actually like and would kick ass here), but it's toward Northeast studs who could be pied pipers for the program -- like Wagner, for instance.

*But I guess not all billionaires think the same way.

If I'm a billionaire and people are starting to get antsy about my "whatever it takes" comment, I would tell people that if I'm paying $1.5m, it's not for Roach (who I actually like and would kick ass here), but it's toward Northeast studs who could be pied pipers for the program -- like Wagner, for instance.

*But I guess not all billionaires think the same way.
next time beers are on you and I’m ordering appies too

Last edited:
Lawman is the executioner and when the video goes public Knight deletes it for being off topic . Technically they are both executioners:)
Yeah but Knight just silently chops people's heads off. I like to play with my food first.

Anyway back on topic - OH MY GOD SOME PLAYERS SIGNED SOMEPLACE ELSE. THERE ARE ONLY 1,457 LEFT IN THE PORTAL!

OK I made that number up. But I think people are treating this as though we have no players. We have Ejafor, Luis, Wilcher and Dunlap returning. And Glover, Liotopoulos and Maker coming in.

Now I don't expect much from Maker. I do think that Zuby could start at the 5 (undersized but effective) and Luis and Wilcher will be quality starters. And I expect offense from Dunlap, Glover and Liotopoulos.

So what do you really need? A mobile, rim protecting center, a solid veteran PG who can play D, and a veteran shooter or two, preferably one who can play some PF.

It's not as though the cupboard is bare here, and the staff can run thru a list of targets at the spots they need until they find the right fits.

Way too early for panic time.

Oh and there's always Ayo to the rescue!

Presumably these guys will go on the court and perform which is not what a grifter would do.

Rah, rah has hit the portal in search of a better NIL deal.
Perform........as in a circus?
Would any of these "student-athletes" give up their university scholarships to help a disadvantaged student not on scholarship?
Doubt it.
The current system has turned college athletes into manipulators who game schools for monetary gains without any performance guarantees. They are vagabonds with no allegiance whatsoever to the schools, coaches or their teammates.
It breeds instability for every college basketball program.
The NCAA and schools have bit off more than they will be able to chew.

Perform........as in a circus?
Would any of these "student-athletes" give up their university scholarships to help a disadvantaged student not on scholarship?
Doubt it.
The current system has turned college athletes into manipulators who game schools for monetary gains without any performance guarantees. They are vagabonds with no allegiance whatsoever to the schools, coaches or their teammates.
It breeds instability for every college basketball program.
The NCAA and schools have bit off more than they will be able to chew.
It used to be where a kid had an opportunity to get an education because of his basketball skills. Now it’s the complete opposite, school is used as an excuse for a kid to showcase his basketball talent.

If I was billionaire I would be thinking it's a lot cheaper to "buy" a college basketball team than a pro franchise with a similar sense of achievement and relationships in a team atmosphere. You want a coach or player gone, pull your money. You want a player from the portal, write a check. Sure you will not make money or accumulate equity but I'm already billionaire!

Shocked that some above are knocking the players. Sure, some of them may not love school or care about staying in same place with same mascot but they did not make these rules. I'd never blame a player like Omoruyi or Roach or any other for the chance to earn $1M+ in a single year..

Shocked that some above are knocking the players. Sure, some of them may not love school or care about staying in same place with same mascot but they did not make these rules. I'd never blame a player like Omoruyi or Roach or any other for the chance to earn $1M+ in a single year..
I don’t disagree at all but players have faces, fans have some level of familiarity and identification with players; most fans grew up with dreams and fantasies of being on those courts with those players. I don’t think the criticism is truly aimed at players but a system gone completely out of control, completely devoid of any even semblance of sanity. I hang with a lot of basketball junkies and it is ironic how many of us long for the good ol’ “under the table” days.
Another classic example of much of the “brave new world” we live in, “watch what you wish for, you just may get it”.

If I was billionaire I would be thinking it's a lot cheaper to "buy" a college basketball team than a pro franchise with a similar sense of achievement and relationships in a team atmosphere. You want a coach or player gone, pull your money. You want a player from the portal, write a check. Sure you will not make money or accumulate equity but I'm already billionaire!
Can guarantee to you it’s a cheaper investment than horse racing!!!

Also Roach didn’t commit so unfair to jump the gun on repole and staff yet. Still gotta be patient and hope there’s still very good players once the music ends

IMG_3736.gif

100%. Let's not forget that NIL was implemented to prevent the creation of a pre NBA professional league. As it stands in essence college becomes NIL plus room and board, with players. A lot of us as students had 4 jobs or more in 4 years. For NIL recipients, sports is now a job. The classrom part is just a job requirement to earn.

Back