Rick Pitino - Head Coach at St John’s University!!!

Jeez, not many guys coming back at all according to that. I don't think that's a game even Pitino plays without being sure of who he can expect from the portal, whether they've entered yet or not.

As for LuHi, I know Pitino thinks on a whole other recruiting level from what I'm used to for St. John's, but I'd offer Reid as a peace offering for Pinzon and what I assume will be Curbelo.

Jeez, not many guys coming back at all according to that. I don't think that's a game even Pitino plays without being sure of who he can expect from the portal, whether they've entered yet or not.

As for LuHi, I know Pitino thinks on a whole other recruiting level from what I'm used to for St. John's, but I'd offer Reid as a peace offering for Pinzon and what I assume will be Curbelo.
Most likely Posh is gone, that sucks. He was a tough kid who battled, but he isn't good enough for Rick.
Rick is going to get the best.
Rick vs. Calipari recruiting wars are coming back.

This is new to us sju fans, I love this.

That’s the rub, right? When you pay a lot of money to get a mercenary, you go into with your eyes open and you hope the good outweighs the bad.

Dang, he wasn’t playing when he said 8 new guys this season. I’m still assuming there was a lot of stuff behind the scenes that we aren’t privy to that was going on for Rick to clear house like that.

I'm surprised.
Thought he'd keep a core.
Feel sorry for the guys who put in a lot of hard work and thought they'd be here for the duration of their career.
College athletics is brutal.

St John's got some TV air time this morning on Keyshawn, J Will and Max.

Keyshawn and Jay Will debated the pros and cons of a new coach "running players" off the roster who don't fit his style.

Interesting dialogue with arguments made on both sides of the coin

That had a lot to do with his shot selection. I'm sure that will improve under Pitino.
i enjoy hearing about fans who like two schools and hearing their connections that led them to rooting for each school. How'd you end up a Hall and SJU fan?

Apologies if you said already in a prior post

St John's got some TV air time this morning on Keyshawn, J Will and Max.

Keyshawn and Jay Will debated the pros and cons of a new coach "running players" off the roster who don't fit his style.

Interesting dialogue with arguments made on both sides of the coin
Just watched that as well and yes they were both compelling arguments but as Keyshawn said he wouldn't be our new coach if they weren't problem here.

it seems Rick wants to play the game of transfer portal then work with the players at Saint Johns. Does he already have some assurances from kids. Are is he so confident that he can do better he is rolling the dice.

I'm surprised.
Thought he'd keep a core.
Feel sorry for the guys who put in a lot of hard work and thought they'd be here for the duration of their career.
College athletics is brutal.
Well because he invited Drissa back, who really wasn’t a contributor at any point thus far, my only guess is that much of it is/was social/disciplinary, academic or other reasons and not basketball talent. Pitino said he’s not done talking to them yet and may invite more back so we shall see a bunch more shake out by early next week I assume.

Well because he invited Drissa back, who really wasn’t a contributor at any point thus far, my only guess is that much of it is/was social/disciplinary, academic or other reasons and not basketball talent. Pitino said he’s not done talking to them yet and may invite more back so we shall see a bunch more shake out by early next week I assume.
I think the Drissa thing is the token to LuHi since he is running Pinzon and Curbelo out. Drissa has not had the opportunity to show what he has yet, and was by all accounts a great teammate and bench guy, so no downside to keeping him, and making LuHi happy.

Back